• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will never forget that day at Wimbledon.. pre match was walking along the terrace and spotted this youngster i'de never seen play for us ... He was playing keepy uppy with a few others around the center circle, his touch was absolutely sublime.it just stood out, it was just SO much better than those around him .. I asked one of our fans who it was ... And then he went out and rocked my city world that afternoon .. I honestly thought he was gonna be an absolute star... And then what happened to him was earth shatteringly absolutely unkind.. but huge respect and admiration to the guy for getting where hes at.. a goal on his international debut...is just .. wow!!
You’re talking about Ollie Watkins, right?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dicks Out!
Ooh err missus :eek:

Bridgy 81

Mansfield v Colchester live on Sky at half twelve today.
Pym and Boateng start for Mansfield with Tom Nichols as a substitute.
MJ on the bench for Colchester again and I also notice the small photograph of him in their line up via Google on my mobile still has a picture of the wrong Matt Jay!
It’s been like that even back when he used to play for us and it’s the bloke from the boy band Busted.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if Reid getting called up and scoring for NI tells you more about him or the state of Northern Irish football.

Andy_H

A couple of former players on show today at Mansfield v Colchester;
Pym in goal for Mansfield, Jay & Tom Nichols on bench for Colchester.
Pym conceded in 12th minute.

Hiram Boateng as well for Mansfield, who has been fairly anonymous. Pym should probably have done better with the goal. Although the wind is playing a part, the quality is poor and the L2 leaders will need to be much better than this to be competitive in L1.

Andy Holloway

Hiram Boateng as well for Mansfield, who has been fairly anonymous. Pym should probably have done better with the goal. Although the wind is playing a part, the quality is poor and the L2 leaders will need to be much better than this to be competitive in L1.
Thanks, I suddenly noticed Boatang's name mentioned, mind you he was's just been subbed.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw the last 25 minutes or so. It looked pretty windy but I agree Mansfield looked poor. Nigel Clough was storming around the pitch at the final whistle. Reminiscent of his old man.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Swansea City interview Matt Grimes

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Wikipedia is to be believed, if Ollie gets on the pitch tonight he will became the third player born in Torquay in the 90's to play up front for a home nation this week. If only Kieffer Moore hadn't famously been the one that got away, they could all have been former City players.