• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Manager 2011

jimboecfc

:D

Are you his agent or something ?
nahh didnt mean to post it twice he is a good young talent at the club along with others such as ethan phillips and paul gibbons x

mammooman

Selling Logie for 5k, feck me buddy I would not trust you with the family silver :)
I know, seems pretty low hey! It's purely due to the fact that I have NEVER got Logie to suit a system I play in any of the Football Manager games. That £600/wk i'd rather spend on other areas of the team. I hate having dead wood in my squad eating up the wage budget preventing me from offering contracts to other players.

If you look at my transfers it's also another reason why I have players like Tully out on loan, what you can't see is that this is at 100% of his wages being paid by the club taking him on loan and a recall clause into the contract. It allows me to replace a bench player with someone I could get on loan (O'Brien) while paying nothing out in wages. Balancing the books like this allows for Pele, Irekpen etc while not breaking the bank.

Been desperate to get rid of Watson, Stewert, O'Flynn and Noble for the same reasons. Dead wood in my squad taking up a sizeable chunk of the wage budget. My plan for the end of season is to get rid of this wood, even if on free transfers, bring in one main striker (to play alongside Nards) and make the rest up with a few loans.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know, seems pretty low hey! It's purely due to the fact that I have NEVER got Logie to suit a system I play in any of the Football Manager games. That £600/wk i'd rather spend on other areas of the team. I hate having dead wood in my squad eating up the wage budget preventing me from offering contracts to other players.

If you look at my transfers it's also another reason why I have players like Tully out on loan, what you can't see is that this is at 100% of his wages being paid by the club taking him on loan and a recall clause into the contract. It allows me to replace a bench player with someone I could get on loan (O'Brien) while paying nothing out in wages. Balancing the books like this allows for Pele, Irekpen etc while not breaking the bank.

Been desperate to get rid of Watson, Stewert, O'Flynn and Noble for the same reasons. Dead wood in my squad taking up a sizeable chunk of the wage budget. My plan for the end of season is to get rid of this wood, even if on free transfers, bring in one main striker (to play alongside Nards) and make the rest up with a few loans.
Good work mate,

you could teach Tis a thing or two [y]

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
day 1 as ecfc coming to an end. bloody hard work! just outside the relegation places. beat sheff wed soton and charlton away and lost just about everything else. could do better.

mammooman

Some of the player interactions are a bit strange. Thought I was having one-off weird conversations but they are happening regulary. Here is the latest...

Since I've reached the stage of the game where I'm looking to extend contracts (during campaigns in the lower leagues I wait until Feb-March as only non English clubs can poach your players on pre-contract agreements, and I find that I never have many of those with a close eye on ECFC. When in a higher league I ALWAYS renew contracts of players before Dec 31st, unless said player is the wrong side of 32/33.) Trying to get existing players to sign a contract extension is the single most frustrating thing. Nards will not budge from wanting £2800 per week !?! Looks like I'll be loosing him on a free, alongwith Harley and Noble - as they are over 23 and have clubs sniffing around. I have had to double Sercombes' wage from £400 per week to £800 per week with substantial increases in bonuses to keep him at the club.

Grecian_Jay

Loving this game. So many more improvements than last year. Love the dealings with agents etc. Also managed to get rid of Tully for £14k so happy days.

grecian till i die

Loving this game. So many more improvements than last year. Love the dealings with agents etc. Also managed to get rid of Tully for £14k so happy days.
gutz i sold him for 28k to notts at begining of season

Grecian_Jay

gutz i sold him for 28k to notts at begining of season
person! Just when I thoguht I had done well. It was Crewe who bought him from me. Ah well next time I'll hold out for more.

grecian till i die

loving the game so far first game won against bournmouth 2-1 now got mk dons in the cup

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some of the player interactions are a bit strange. Thought I was having one-off weird conversations but they are happening regulary. Here is the latest...

Since I've reached the stage of the game where I'm looking to extend contracts (during campaigns in the lower leagues I wait until Feb-March as only non English clubs can poach your players on pre-contract agreements, and I find that I never have many of those with a close eye on ECFC. When in a higher league I ALWAYS renew contracts of players before Dec 31st, unless said player is the wrong side of 32/33.) Trying to get existing players to sign a contract extension is the single most frustrating thing. Nards will not budge from wanting £2800 per week !?! Looks like I'll be loosing him on a free, alongwith Harley and Noble - as they are over 23 and have clubs sniffing around. I have had to double Sercombes' wage from £400 per week to £800 per week with substantial increases in bonuses to keep him at the club.
so if harley leaves its all your fault :p