• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football manager 2010

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
To get to the editor if you're on Vista (I presume it is the same for any non mac) go to my computer, public documents, sports interactive and it will be there.

Tada.

Here to help.

P.S. I should get paid for this. :)

Mark Cordell

It just says config in an xml format. any ideas?

Joshyd123

Try;

My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Steam, SteamApps, common, football manager 2010, tools, editor, then editor.exe

Mark Cordell

top man...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ive got no money and Blackpool are in for Matty Taylor for 150,000 , im in 2 minds.....

AlphaDevil2

Tough choice!

In my game, I shelved my Exeter City save (I'd only played about a month in the season and was lower-mid table) I can't get into it and commit to the save knowing that there is a new update around the corner and the team will be slightly different. Once the new data update is out I am hoping to play a long term Exeter City game (although that will probably mean I will get sacked at Christmas and have to find my fame in the lower leagues of Italy)

I have instead started a new game in Iceland, where I am in charge of Víkingur Ólafsvík, a small football club in the fishing town of Olafsvik in the west side of Iceland. In the second division in Iceland I took them to the semi final of the Icelandic cup and then the following year got them promoted to the top league. This season my aim is to just survive and hope to be able to buy some real class in the off season so that I can aim for Europe.

Last edited:

Heaver

I havent been on Exeweb for ages but wanted to check any news on January Transfers and came across this thread. Love the game, best in series yet and ive enjoyed managing Exeter City

Im in my 4th season with Exeter now and i got promoted first season finishing 2nd followed by 2 seasons in Championship in mid table.

The way to get Exeter sorted in first season is to gain some money. I offered Scott Golbourne to clubs for £2.5million....Newcastle and Derby came back with £1.7million bids and the club accepted on my behalf. Also did the same for Richard Duffy and got £825.000 for him from St Patricks in Ireland. I went and bought a few players with the money the club made available to me.

Firstly i dipped into loan market and picked up Damien Plessis from Liverpool, Ashley Barnes from Plymouth (not everyone will want to sign this guy but he is quality for League 1 clubs) and also brought back George Friend all on season long loans. Sent back Fleetwood as he eats up alot of wages and released Marcus Stewart and Alex Russell. It releases funds in wages department. Get rid of Andy Tilson and bring in someone who has tactical knowledge. I went for a bloke called Andy Morling who is decent. If you ever decide to go on holiday in the game. He will do a good job with tactics and other important things.

Went and bought Jordan Rhodes, Anthony Pilkington and Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for combined fee of around £1million which left me £500.000 left in bank and about 7k of wages left so i looked for a decent centre half and striker

I bought a lad from St Albans called Paul Hakim, costs about £30k. Takes a while to settle but he scores for fun after few games and then blew most of my budget on Alex Macdonald from Burnley for £350.000.

I played my first few games without success and was struggling in 19th at November stage but ended the season in 2nd after a great late run

I played 4-4-2 attacking football

GK - Smithies

RB - Tully
LB - Friend
CB - Taylor
CB - Archibald-Henville (when he leaves after January, bought in Tom Clarke, another from Huddersfield for £20k he was transfer listed

RM - Macdonald
CM - Plessis
CM - Harley
LM - Plikington

CF - Hakim or Stansfield
CF - Barnes

2nd season you get given alot of money because of parachute payments if Newcastle, West Brom or Middlesboro get promoted. On my version they all got promoted and i ended up with about £2.7million to spend on players. Didnt make too many changes to side as players i had signed had improved so much they were good enough for Championship. Just got a couple of old heads in.

In my 4th season now and given £6million and in July window got Giles Barnes, Wes Hoolahan, Grant McCann and Marcus Tudgay coming next season :D Premiership football is the aim!

Ive babbled on a bit there but the jist of it is - gain some cash by selling your better players and go and buy decent younger players on the cheap and get a few decent loans in and it should all come good for the mighty ECFC :D

Mogga

I havent been on Exeweb for ages but wanted to check any news on January Transfers and came across this thread. Love the game, best in series yet and ive enjoyed managing Exeter City

Im in my 4th season with Exeter now and i got promoted first season finishing 2nd followed by 2 seasons in Championship in mid table.

The way to get Exeter sorted in first season is to gain some money. I offered Scott Golbourne to clubs for £2.5million....Newcastle and Derby came back with £1.7million bids and the club accepted on my behalf. Also did the same for Richard Duffy and got £825.000 for him from St Patricks in Ireland. I went and bought a few players with the money the club made available to me.

Firstly i dipped into loan market and picked up Damien Plessis from Liverpool, Ashley Barnes from Plymouth (not everyone will want to sign this guy but he is quality for League 1 clubs) and also brought back George Friend all on season long loans. Sent back Fleetwood as he eats up alot of wages and released Marcus Stewart and Alex Russell. It releases funds in wages department. Get rid of Andy Tilson and bring in someone who has tactical knowledge. I went for a bloke called Andy Morling who is decent. If you ever decide to go on holiday in the game. He will do a good job with tactics and other important things.

Went and bought Jordan Rhodes, Anthony Pilkington and Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for combined fee of around £1million which left me £500.000 left in bank and about 7k of wages left so i looked for a decent centre half and striker

I bought a lad from St Albans called Paul Hakim, costs about £30k. Takes a while to settle but he scores for fun after few games and then blew most of my budget on Alex Macdonald from Burnley for £350.000.

I played my first few games without success and was struggling in 19th at November stage but ended the season in 2nd after a great late run

I played 4-4-2 attacking football

GK - Smithies

RB - Tully
LB - Friend
CB - Taylor
CB - Archibald-Henville (when he leaves after January, bought in Tom Clarke, another from Huddersfield for £20k he was transfer listed

RM - Macdonald
CM - Plessis
CM - Harley
LM - Plikington

CF - Hakim or Stansfield
CF - Barnes

2nd season you get given alot of money because of parachute payments if Newcastle, West Brom or Middlesboro get promoted. On my version they all got promoted and i ended up with about £2.7million to spend on players. Didnt make too many changes to side as players i had signed had improved so much they were good enough for Championship. Just got a couple of old heads in.

In my 4th season now and given £6million and in July window got Giles Barnes, Wes Hoolahan, Grant McCann and Marcus Tudgay coming next season :D Premiership football is the aim!

Ive babbled on a bit there but the jist of it is - gain some cash by selling your better players and go and buy decent younger players on the cheap and get a few decent loans in and it should all come good for the mighty ECFC :D
Very similar to me! Came 2nd in my first season, which was a bit gutting in the end as on the final day I only needed 1 point to win the league, and lost at home to Huddersfield 3-2 thanks to a Lee Novak hattrick. Naturally, in real life I think he's a c*** now.

After a steady start I'm finding Championship level pretty difficult and have just suffered my 7th straight league defeat (!) and am sitting 22nd. Completely replaced my team from last year though, so we haven't gelled yet, I'm hoping if I keep the faith results will come.

Replacing Tilson was the first thing I did, got in someone called John Morling funnily enough - is that who you mean? Didn't have quite the player cull that you did - in fact, Fleetwood got me 25 goals and Vincent Pericard got me 20. Troy was immense and I've now signed him on a permanent deal, as well as George Friend. Seyfo Soley was a great signing in my first season, gives you a midfield powerhouse. Other than that, I just relied on loan signings. Other notable signings this season include Damien Plessis, Tom Heaton, Emmanuel Sarki, Vladimir Weiss, Adel Taraabt, Michael Mifsud and Christian Vieri (although he can't get a game).

From our real lot, the only remainders are Duffy, Golbourne and Sercombe and Norwood in the reserves. Also Troy if he counts.

I'm finding this game is the easiest of the whole series. Promoted as champs of L1 and missed out second season to Hull in the playoff final to get to the prem. Still got no spending money as the £3million I made while in the Championship through TV rights/parachute payments etc has been invested into SJP, now 12000 capacity.

4-1-2-3. Sign Willy Topp (that is really his name!) to play alongside Fleetwood with Stewart in the middle of the 3 and you'll soon be on your way to over 100 goals in the first season.
free transfer aint he ? bloody worth it ! also sign bret pitman if you can afford him and best advice look for loan signing from prem reserve clubs works a treat nearly every time

Heaver

Yeah troy was immense but spurs wanted £400.000 and i didnt have any cash.

John Morling is the man i was on about sorry.

I have a few youngsters left in squad from start but other than that, they all gone. I signed Sarki at start of second season he was quality but Blackburn offered me £1.3million at end of that season and club accepted it. Thats the problem being a small club, the board accept alot of offers for you. I had Danny Drinkwater (great name) and he was immense and Sunderland offered £1.6million. I wouldnt of accepted that but the board did.

In the process of writing this ive just snapped up Simon Church from Reading on free transfer and spent over £1million on David McGoldrick

For first game of the season im lining up with

GK - Alex Smithies - Quality. All Premier League clubs want him and i have Colin Doyle as back up who is class on game aswell

RB - Jay Spearing - Free from Liverpool, not great but cheap RB and dont have another at the moment
LB - Dean Moxey - Brought him back for £150k to replace Golbourne. Decent enough at Championship
CB - Jay DeMerit - Free transfer and is quality. Was in Championship team of year last season
CB - Peter Clarke - £150.000 from Hull. Not amazing but cheap centre half for Championship level

RM - Marcus Tudgay - Free transfer this season. Wanted to play him upfront but his pace is asset for winger. Also have Giles Barnes
LM - Wes Hoolahan - Free transfer this season aswell, decent winger but also have Victor Moses but like to play him upfront
CM - Grant McCann - Another Free Transfer. Good free kicks and holding midfielder. Peter Leven from MK Dons is decent back up
CM - Nicky Bailey - Bought a while back on Free. Was awesome last season so keeping faith

CF - Simon Church
CF - David Mcgoldrick

Have Simeon Jackson and Jordan Rhodes on bench for these two so i got good back up in all areas now

Any one know of any decent RB in game for me to sign