• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe

MikeB

See http://darkrockdiaries.blogspot.com today (and yesterday!) for latest Flybe sponsorship news.

Red Box

See http://darkrockdiaries.blogspot.com today (and yesterday!) for latest Flybe sponsorship news.
Why are people allowed to promote their own websites on Exeweb like this ? I come on Exeweb to read Exeweb only. Even links to Exeter's official site annoy me to a degree. If I wanted to go on those sites I would do so without all this unnecesary prompting. :mad::mad:

cityno1ledgend

red box carm down its to do with city anyway

yh fair enough if its a site selling his good or something

but its not :S

Last edited:

MikeB

Why are people allowed to promote their own websites on Exeweb like this ? I come on Exeweb to read Exeweb only. Even links to Exeter's official site annoy me to a degree. If I wanted to go on those sites I would do so without all this unnecesary prompting. :mad::mad:
The point is both the stories about Flybe (and many others on there over the past months) have not appeared on any other Exeter City related web site to my knowledge. Therefore I would assume, but obviously not in your case, that City fans would want to read about anything 'Grecian' connected. Can't please them all I suppose.

Rudebox.

Quite a decent read, there that blog there.

Invisible Man

I can understand Redbox's stance, however in this case it is wide of the mark. The blog promotes City wherever possible and is a very intelligent read. Keep it going Mike

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit out of order having a go at Mike, I can't see how viewing his blog means anyone is directed towards paying for services. It's not as if he's one of those using exeweb to promote his photography business, for example.....

Red Box

I am not stupid, I realise Mike B. is the programme editor and Mr Exeter City personified. He is no doubt promoting all positive things to do with Exeter City. However, if I was running this site I personally would not allow it.

It annoys me when I take time to open and read a thread only to find its promoting a totally different site. Its a form of spamming :mad:

If people have something to share regarding Exeter City write it out on here, is it that difficult ?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like having an option to click a link, if I so wish, to anything City related.

Whether that be Mike's City fact-filled blog or City photographs.

rugby red

Totally agree with Elgin City.

As someone who does not have the time to 'surf the web' to find other facts and stories related to ECFC a link in that direction is often helpful and interesting regardless of the source.

Please continue MikeB and others!!