• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We had tribute on the back of our shirts a few years back
And of course the "Thatchers Big Bank" ! (beer)

IndoMike

Can we have a "No Brexit" logo on the shirts...?

IndoMike

So what happens now?

1. Will the rebranding be soon hence making the Flybe logo irrelevant?
2. Will the sponsorship stop (surely we have a contract)?
3. Will Connect pay off the sponsorship money or continue the sponsorship?

StroudGrecian

Given the climate emergency and the urgent need to massively cut CO2 emissions, to continue having an airline as a sponsor is plain irresponsible .

robchave

Can we have a "No Brexit" logo on the shirts...?
If you're prepared to pay the club enough to put it there . . . .

I can chip in a few quid.

rifraf

Given the climate emergency and the urgent need to massively cut CO2 emissions, to continue having an airline as a sponsor is plain irresponsible .
Shouldn't that be ....... plane irresponsible?

Temporarily Exiled

I think the difference for me is the primary motive for existence.

Air travel (like car travel) exists to take people from A to B. CO2 emissions are an unfortunate by-product of that. They could hypothetically be offset, and there's the possibility of electric planes in the future that could bring carbon emissions down to 0 in the future.

Alcohol is trickier. A great many people enjoy it (and the effects of it), but it can cause a lot of damage and some companies can (and do) exploit its addictive nature to take advantage of people. That's actually why minimum unit pricing works quite well, you take out the lowest end of the market (sorry Blackthorn).

Gambling exists solely to take money out of peoples' pockets. That's it. The upside is that you personally may win some money, but society as a whole will always lose money, and the house will always win. The entire industry preys on those that are addicted, and the push into peoples' faces is pushing a gambling crisis in young people. Tens of thousands of people under the age of 18 are addicted to gambling, and the constant barrage of adverts serves to normalise it, to make it a thing you should do when watching a match.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Should we also be giving Vospers, Thrifty and Stagecoach the The Elbow ? Dirty deisels (n)

Have you introduced Tartex to the commercial department ? ;)

Leads

Don't really care who we get sponsorship from as long as they pay a nice big wedge of money ! but like everything these days there is always someone who will say its wrong and we'll tell you what is good for you.. treating normal healthy people like children who cant make their own minds up !

I'm very surprised we didn't get some sandal wearing , vegan liberal telling us we shouldn't have Flybe as a sponsor because they add fumes and pollution to the ozone.
I really, really try not to get wound up by your posts but I just can't help it. Surely you must have some sort of moral compass and there are certain companies/industries that you wouldn't want embedded on your club's shirts?

Again, surely you must be aware of the damage gambling addiction can and has caused? It's not as simple as people "making their own minds up".

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gambling exists solely to take money out of peoples' pockets. That's it. The upside is that you personally may win some money, but society as a whole will always lose money, and the house will always win. The entire industry preys on those that are addicted, and the push into peoples' faces is pushing a gambling crisis in young people. Tens of thousands of people under the age of 18 are addicted to gambling, and the constant barrage of adverts serves to normalise it, to make it a thing you should do when watching a match.
Very eloquently put. I hate the gambling "industry" and its revolting advertising.