• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fleetwood Town V Exeter City matchday thread

Pmc grecian

Nothing from the captain aimson again he needs to step up

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which player did the media stuff?

Red & White

His video has just been released on the club facebook site, he has apologised to the fans for the performance today.

Fareham Grecian

What, apart from his interview?? https://x.com/officialecfc/status/1723396720053059970?s=61&t=Cdv_UL2j11IhyN3rLCmW3w

Fareham Grecian

Which player did the media stuff?
Aimson.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Credit to him for that. Although, given the gravity of the situation, thought he could have lost the gum lol.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Look no further than Fleetwood for an example of how a new manager can change a side despite having the same players at their disposal
But also with a better choice of forwards for a start. Stockley brought on as a late sub when we’re stuck with Scott and Muskwe. Speaking of Muskwe , all the excitement , jokes over his name and everything seems to have disappeared.Guess the joke was on us all along.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I struggled to see what the game plan was…3 centre half’s at the start i think but we got caught out down the sides way too often…..both Sweeney & hartridge got beat on the inside way too often…..

the two strikers don’t spin in the channels , they don’t hold the ball up , they don’t demand it , they don’t win headers…honestly it was appalling

Trevitt was neat and tidy in possession and the goalkeeper made some start stops….

hillview red

Just heard the interviews from Caldwell and Aimson.

It was good to hear Aimson. I'm not as down on him as others here. I know there was a big backlash when he wasn't interviewed post-Derby but thought his apology was sincere and on the pitch I don't think he's as bad as people have made out.

Caldwell's interview was very banal. Pleasing to hear that Rankine, Carroll and maybe Cole will be back for Bolton but nothing new from him.

I know that it's difficult for Craig and the media team but I'm hoping that we might get some slightly more robust/probing questioning in the next week or so. It doesn't need to be attack dog but it would be nice to dig a little deeper...

For example, last week there could have been a question along the lines of "can you explain the thinking when you brought Admiral on to play on the right?"

Or post-transfer deadline day... "You mentioned in a couple of interviews pre-deadline that you were "ready for every eventuality"... Do you still stand by that comment?"

Or... "We know that sides attack and defend as a team but it's clear from the lack of goals that we have an issue in the striking department. We've scored X goals in X games. Are you confident that you have the players to score sufficient goals?

Or... "Tom Carroll has been missing for the last 3 games and we haven't heard anything about him... Is he ok?"

Or... "That's now X defeats in X games... At what point do you become worried about your position?"

We need to get past the "we have to better" and "we need to get on the training ground" answers.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
But also with a better choice of forwards for a start. Stockley brought on as a late sub when we’re stuck with Scott and Muskwe. Speaking of Muskwe , all the excitement , jokes over his name and everything seems to have disappeared.Guess the joke was on us all along.
his performance was simply appalling he didn’t look interested