• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flares, flights and intel: How police stopped violence on Devon derby day

Ian Russon

I think I'm right in saying we're only responsible for policing costs within the ground.
I'm sure in the past Exeter have added just £1 to the ticket cost to cover the policing cost.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure in the past Exeter have added just £1 to the ticket cost to cover the policing cost.
Yes, I remember a couple of occasions when that happened, I think back in the early days of the Trust when every penny counted. I seem to recall a "consultation" taking place via a thread on here the first time this happened, with replies generally in favour.

Redarrow

I should declare an interest - this was written by a good pal of mine - but, IMO, it’s a properly good read:

www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/flares-fights-intel-how-police-3471183utm_source=sharebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar
Very well written by your mate Egg, What a great read. I think the police do a fantastic job and don’t get enough credit on games like this.

I recall years ago my parents wouldn’t take me to a derby game when aged around 10, now I would happily take my son who is the same age and not worry to much!! In my opinion it’s what football is all about, getting the kids involved in city as early as possible, shame a small minority ruin it and scare some fans away on big derby days.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that the cost to the club?
Yep

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's effectively what happened on Saturday, as tickets were at matchday prices.

7,200 x £1 - VAT = £6,000.