• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First Exeter Goal?

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
11th October 1969 v Crewe Alexandra; Bruce Walker; we won 3-0 Don't remember much about the game; and thanks to 'Exeter City A Complete Record 1904-1990' for reminding me of the scorer/s and date; all I could remember was it was against Crewe the 69-70 season; as an 8 year old in the now away end :)

Juan Kossof

Would have been around 1967 so probably Alan Banks. I remember Bruce Walker - tremendous shot on him - if he missed at the away end the ball went halfway to Debenhams (Bobbys).

Kingsman

Ted Calland

bflockha

Started going in the Binney era, so was probably him, cant remember though.

grecianred

my memory is rubbish at the best of times but i'd say its likely to have been dazza or steve neville...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was ages before I saw a City goal, as we always seemed to lose without scoring in my early games!

Therefore, I *think* my first City goal was scored by Scott Hiley. As was the 2nd. As was the 3rd. All in one match....

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading away Jase - perfect hat trick too wasn't it, left foot, right foot, header.

ECFC TOM

The first Exeter City goalscorer I can remember would be Sir Steve Flack.

greenawayr

Can't remember when it was or who it was against but I know it was Darren Rowbotham. Went and bought my first city shirt, but that was before the days of names and numbers on back of the replica shirts. Making me feel old now, although I was very young at the time.

My first name on back of shirt was Flack! Remember being naffed off as I had saved up for the shirt and the print and by the time I could afford it, it was nearly the end of the season. The next season he changed his number from 14 to 9 or 10 I think. Gutted.

Why Flacky, Why???

AVA-Grecian

Exeter 2-0 Lincoln City( First wn i had seen in 5 attempts )

Andy Roscoe

loved the pairing of Christian Roberts and Andy Roscoe
Same for me, but in a 4-2 win over Darlington, both players getting two goals