• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Felipe Massa - In A Life Threatening Condition.

Citysupporter2099

Im not sure he really had the time to see it, until it hit him :\

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member

TOP_CITY_FAN

I think thats the same photo as GL posted above.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think thats the same photo as GL posted above.
yeesh .. you can see why they are wondering about the sight in his left eye ...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And now the media are in full flow questioning the safety of F1. FFS when you race at 200mph you can only do so much for driver safety. And given the last F1 death was some 15 years ago I think it's safe enough.

Whether Massa's career can be resurrected is, in this instance, completely irrelevent, hopefully he'll make a full - or near as dammit - recovery and it's good to hear that he's on his way on that particular journey.

newburygrecian

Horrible accident, but it was just that - an accident. 10 years ago, his helmet may not have withstood the impact as well as it did. Given the amount of debris that can end up on a F1 track, it's almost more of a surprise this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

Get well soon, Felipe. I'm not really a fan, but will still be delighted to see you back racing one day.

finetime

From that photo it looks like he might have been lucky with his eye... I hope his sight is saved at the very least and at best he'll be back next sesaon.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't sound promising about his return to F1, but I wish him all the best - a popular driver by all accounts.

Citysupporter2099

Poor guy. According to Martin Brundle, Schumacher's helmet used to be made by the army and they used to ride tanks over it and it would still be alright.

Lets hope he recovers well :)