• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite Superhero

Mark Cordell

For me it has to be the absoloute legend that is ....

Spiderman

Discuss

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Batman, what a bloke.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Richard Logan, what a hero!

Antony Moxey

Outstanding thread, we need more like this.

Superman - I've always thought him a bit gay, Christopher Reeve had that stupid curl in his hair, and the bloke in the remake was awful.

Batman - too many bad Batmans for me. Of course the ledge that is Adam West will always remain the best, but when he got serious about his films the Christian Bale knocks George Clooney. Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton into a c*cked hat.

Fantastic Four - how do you split them? They all have their strengths, Jessica Alba's being she's Jessica Alba for a start, but would they be as effective on their own.

X-Men - the same applies, and they managed to virtually kill each other all off at then end of the third film, so perhaps they're not really that super after all.

Hulk - Eric Banana served up a pretty poor effort, and hats off to Lou Ferigno for managing to pop up in both films, but Edward Norton saved it only for the excellent Tim Roth to ruin it with his anti-Hulk. Should have done better Tim.

Spiderman - Excellent films all, and of course Kirsten Dunst is in there too, but in the end Peter Parker's just a bit too geeky to be a crowd fave.

So who are we left with - not including those in the comics that have not yet made it onto the big screen - there isn't a lot, is there? What there is though, one who shines - literally - out from the crowd. Rich, clever, good looking, cool as you like with the best beard seen on screen since Alan Rickman's superb effort in Robin Hood, and of course blessed with Gwyneth Paltrow as his PA, don't we all just wish we could be Iron Man?

Yes we do, and there you go: Iron Man, superhero extraordinaire. Tikaboo son.

4ORDY

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Dangermouse, end of :)

LOG

Spiderman has always been a favourite of mine but i also like the one made out of stone in the Fantastic 4 (The Thing?) and i am also ashamed to admit a certain admiration for Hellboy, if that counts.

Red Robbo

For those of you on my Facebook you will of course know that I am Spider-man.

Grecian_Jay

Captain Planet or Bananman - It's very tricky!

CITY CASUAL

For me it has to be the absoloute legend that is ....

Spiderman
Same for me.