• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite City flop

I thought I'd try and lighten the mood with this thread.

City have signed or taken on loan many players over the years who never made it. Yet sometimes we cannot help but be endeared by a player, even if he couldn't hit a barn door with a bango or tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. So who are you favourite City flops?

Mine is Nicholas Bignall.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Leon Braithwaite. The sense of anticipation you got when he flew down the pitch at break neck speed only to be disappointed. An honourable mention also for Andy Cyrus, dunno why. Just something about him.

motorservices

I thought I'd try and lighten the mood with this thread.

City have signed or taken on loan many players over the years who never made it. Yet sometimes we cannot help but be endeared by a player, even if he couldn't hit a barn door with a bango or tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. So who are you favourite City flops?

Mine is Nicholas Bignall.
ahh so many to choose from, but mine would be Robbie turner, always injured but dide score a last second winner against cambridge at home in front of the bank, cicr 1997

Silver fox

Parkin or O miss for me.

motorservices

Leon Braithwaite. The sense of anticipation you got when he flew down the pitch at break neck speed only to be disappointed. An honourable mention also for Andy Cyrus, dunno why. Just something about him.
Leon also broke 2 goal keepers legs in 2 games, first was the Orient keep at home, but cant for the life of me remember the following team, that was 1997 aswell, we won 3-2

Leon Braithwaite.
Good shout. He could do 100m in just over ten seconds and would regularly outchase many a centre-back to the hoofs up the field. However, he had no idea what to do with the ball when he was in this position.

paperclip

Clive Stafford. Came on at full back at half time at Cambridge in 1990 with City winning 2-0, we went on to lose 3-2. I think that was the only time he played for us. Epic fail.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Leon also broke 2 goal keepers legs in 2 games, first was the Orient keep at home, but cant for the life of me remember the following team, that was 1997 aswell, we won 3-2
wasn't that John Williams who broke the keepers legs? Same season I thought.

Kwame Ampadu. He gave it his all and stayed loyal, but was a shocking footballer.

motorservices

wasn't that John Williams who broke the keepers legs? Same season I thought.
sorry YES your correct, i still cant remember who we played the following game against tho