• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

favorite beatle ?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stag beatle for me, the blokes in the band were all c*cks, none more so that Paul McF*ckwit

shakey18

Nice to see the whole "Lennon Was The Greatest" rubbish still perpetuated. The most talented musician in The Beatles was George Harrison.

Red Lion

For me it has to be the legendary John Lennon.

IMHO, as has been said earlier, Paul is a c*ck. For ever, nearly all Beatles songs have been acknowledged as written by Lennon/McCartney.

Only a truly, madly, deeply insecure t*sspot could dream of asking that from now on they be referred to as McCartney/Lennon penned hits.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Classic oxymoron.
Is there no such thing as a 'Great bass player' then?

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
George by a mile!

Rael

There can be no doubt, Paul has written some lovely songs...Penny Lane for instance, he managed a forge a beautiful combination of classical music compositional techniques with the Rock and Roll style of the time, but, ALL the ground-breaking stuff was written by John.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Ringo by an absolute mile.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mark Chapman was my favourite.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough one. Only Ringo was not either extremely talented or a very good songwriter. I'd have to go for McCartney, just for the bass playing on Dear Prudence. Not technically clever at all, but some of the most soulful bass ever played on a rock record.

Not sure about this 'songs were not in fact written together' belief that many subscribe to. How come there was actually very little decent stuff written when they all went solo? I can't stand John Lennon's solo stuff, including Imagine.

Herbie the love and peace bug