• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans locked out at Brentford?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assuming it was for 'no reason'.......

cityno1ledgend

there were quite a lot of people in that area after the game.

The copper did seem to lose it a bit though with the baton.

Look like a scene out of green street! Disgrace

NZGrecian

Um, yeh cops are always hitting ppl with batons for no reason!!! They are always the bad guy.

Very intelligent response mate.

heathy1

There was one particular copper who really "lost it" and started lashing out with a baton around the legs of one City fan, who was offering no threat at all. Other than that I saw no trouble.

Haven't heard that there was anyone locked out for space reasons, though I thought Brentford really got away with it yesterday. A hundred or so more away fans would have made their decision not to offer advance tickets look very foolish.
I'll take Nigels word for it thanks, 'no threat at all', also my mate Shortround on here had the police trying to stop him going back on the supporters coach as he was 'on his phone'

NZGrecian

I'll take Nigels word for it thanks, 'no threat at all', also my mate Shortround on here had the police trying to stop him going back on the supporters coach as he was 'on his phone'
No threat at all? Then why was there a need to confront the cop in the first place?? Was he really that stupid to think the cop would say let him walk down the road which is presumably what he was asking? Why bother, are you really that stupid that u think police will say, ok mate u look ok u can walk that way? doh!

heathy1

So by asking a policeman a question the answer of a baton round the legs is acceptable? I think youve been living in Middle earth too long

Darren Moxey

Resigned
I saw little trouble myself, yet would agree that the closure of the road was a poor decision by the police. The officers I came into contact with were being reasonable and were certainly not using a provoking manner towards the fans (some of whom were adopting a provoking manner towards the police).

I was unaware of any fans being locked out and would be surprised if this was true, since there was still another 150 or so spaces available in the away end.

Mike Blackstone

Police presence, road closures, batons ..... doesn't seem the like the sort of games I go to!! LOL. Nor would I want to for that matter.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Um, yeh cops are always hitting ppl with batons for no reason!!! They are always the bad guy.

Very intelligent response mate.
To be fair I have generally defended the BiB but for the Man U home game my old man was hit by a copper. I can absolutely gurantee you that there was no reason because my Dad is completely unaggressive and certainly wouldn't have been mouthing off.

That said I do believe that the majority of people do something to provoke the police, you quite often see gobby little s***es giving them an earful and I can understand why they lash out ocassionally.

libby

It was clear when leaving the ground that there was a heavy police presence but in fairness they looked to be a seperate operation rather than the usual.

I cant imagine that they were there for no reason, and appeared to stop too much trouble happeneing.

Obviously if someone was hurt for no reason it needs to be looked at but on the whole i think that they did a really good job yesterday