• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Thursday 15 February

Red red

Thought the forum was very interesting.
GC in the way he came across.
Thought the financials was very professional and interesting
Only thing I wish had been asked about filling the gap between Stansfield and big bank.
Liked how they monitor spend in the separate stands.
As said very professional and a good way forward
Well done all

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been said numerous times that we have had all the money from Ollie. The only additional money is if he gets tranfered for over 38M
Are we buying Ollie back then ?

WXF

I thought CG lacked a degree of pragmatism in his preference for possession based football (and defence of short corners), but it was a good & reassuring event where everyone came across well. Well worth doing (y)

Last edited:

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gary on style of play:

▪ At clubs he played in teams that dominated the ball
▪ He wants his sides to be a possession-based team because it gives a better chance to win in the long term
▪ Every player has different attributes, it's the staff's job to get players in areas where they can show their strengths and hide their weaknesses
▪ He has adapted his philosophy out of possession from a man-to-man to a more zonal marking, leading to controlling games out of possession
The ghost of Roberto Martinez haunts me to this day.

STURTZ

Thought Marcus was hugely impressive
Blokes going to go far, hope we can keep him.

milts

Anyone know his background?

Antony Moxey

Are you sure it’s not your own IT equipment? Seems to have worked fine for everyone else.
Just opened the link Hants put up on my iPad. Not sure why that would be a problem, but the compere was very difficult to listen to.

Antony Moxey

Only thing I wish had been asked about filling the gap between Stansfield and big bank.
Why? You wouldn’t have found out any more than has been mentioned on here numerous times. It’ll never happen as it would mean building and cantilevering on and over Network Rail land. You’ll see us established in the Premier League before NR would ever allow that.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
was in the matchday squad a couple of games ago
But not since. Appreciate GC has a few more to choose from now, but wondered if he might have had a recurrence of his injury.

Grecian Max

The ghost of Roberto Martinez haunts me to this day.
I’m fairly sure Gary used that team as an example of how to win games “we won the FA Cup”… yeah and also got relegated