• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum 28 November

Martin weiler comes across as a nice bloke,and that is the problem,the family club award and the checkatrade was just waffle.the club is wallowing about at the bottom of league 2 and guess what,according to tagg we have a better squad than last season.the contract situation with tisdale was a fudge with legal issues being cited,so we still dont know if the notice has been served or not.
Martin tremendously nice chap , too nice probably to deal effectively with the slippery chaps at the helm..
should be the best squad with the budget overspent
We could spend on players if we weren't burdened by extortionate management costs. That's why other teams can pay more.
Pay Tisdale and Perryman and Tagg the going rate and there's at least 2 top rate players there

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't need nice guys, we need successful local businessman with ECFC at heart who are prepared to make tough decisions, the decision making at ECFC is shambolic. I wouldn't trust Juilan Tagg to run a bath, how is he still in such an important role ?

Last edited:

ecfctis

I'm amazed people can still be bothered with this type of event.

It's an old boys club, very little will change.

ECFC tolerates mediocrity, as a result we won't move forward.
Everything ECFC currently is a pathetic joke - the triad will take the club down whilst laughing quietly at those trying to address the situation.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I put a live stream on the Supporters Discussion Group FB page, I'll see if I can get it on here somehow.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tagg has no idea where the 2 million Ampudu numbers came from
Asked the guy from the E&E,(doing the live blog) but he was on holiday at the time, allegedly. So, probably the E&E plucked the figure from thin air.

MarkLee

I attended tonight and asked two fairly direct questions, the first about our dreadful home form and the second about whether Tisdale is unsackable. The responses were as I would expect (diplomatic, reasonable yet noncommittal). But I hope that in some small way, asking those questions keeps the topics from disappearing board level discussion completely.

The surprising thing is how little other attendees seem willing to push these 2 points. Why are there so many supporters so vociferous in their views on here (and on the Big Bank) and so few at these forums? Are they at the forums but unwilling to back up their keyboard warrior angst in a real life situation? Or are they all sat at home?

People will argue that attending the forum is a pointless exercise because the questions are never properly answered and nothing changes, but that's missing the point. The Trust and Tagg can't help but use these sessions as a barometer of the feelings among the Trust membership. If you feel strongly, get yourself along and ask the questions, directly to Tagg and Co, that you're more than happy to ask on here to nobody in particular. It's a direct way to get your views across, even if you don't get the answer you're looking for.

Whatever your opinion of Tagg he does front up to the membership, listen to all manner of opinions and make an effort to answer questions. I do think they realise that there is unrest with regard to our manager and his position, but the 'grilling' he was served up tonight was not particular intense, and that is nobody's fault except for the membership.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Links are below. Let me know if these don't work:

Part 1:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1822390391310637/

Part 2:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1822408357975507/

Overall I feel that there were a lot of excuses on Taggy's part in the first section with regards to injuries and other clubs' budgets and how we wouldn't be able to compete. I didn't realise tactics, trying to win home games and training players to do their best costed millions, because that's news to me!

I know Taggy's heart is in the right place but it doesn't excuse 2 points out of a possible 27 at home. It's just not good enough, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were to go back down to non-league. :(

grecian55

Martin tremendously nice chap , too nice probably to deal effectively with the slippery chaps at the helm..
should be the best squad with the budget overspent
We could spend on players if we weren't burdened by extortionate management costs. That's why other teams can pay more.
Pay Tisdale and Perryman and Tagg the going rate and there's at least 2 top rate players there
"Martin tremendously nice chap" ..................They're hardly going to let someone who will upset the applecart into the "Top job" are they ? ,says it all really ?

MarkLee

Links are below. Let me know if these don't work:

Part 1:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1822390391310637/

Part 2:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1822408357975507/

Overall I feel that there were a lot of excuses on Taggy's part in the first section with regards to injuries and other clubs' budgets and how we wouldn't be able to compete. I didn't realise tactics, trying to win home games and training players to do their best costed millions, because that's news to me!

I know Taggy's heart is in the right place but it doesn't excuse 2 points out of a possible 27 at home. It's just not good enough, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were to go back down to non-league. :(
Well done for being there and at least trying to ask some difficult questions. (y)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Well done for being there and at least trying to ask some difficult questions. (y)
They needed to be asked to be fair. The clarification on whether the notice had been served considering what the Echo and Beeb had reported was one that really needed asking, although like I said I understand the trust/club have to be careful with what they say and do.

Last edited: