• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans ejected???

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Was there crowd trouble yesterday? Heard at least two guys chucked out - one horizontally!!!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was there crowd trouble yesterday? Heard at least two guys chucked out - one horizontally!!!
Just some knuckle draggers falling foul of the rules when BWP stuffed it up us, people seem to think they can get away with anything at a football match, and most of the time they do, but Charlton had plenty of stewards with a posse of scuffers to back them up if necessary.

Act like a tw*t and sometimes you will suffer the consequences, one div wouldn't go quietly and was dealt with, a tad rough but if he had taken his punishment he could have walked out quietly.

The stewards were pretty good in general imho, but then again I don't scream obscenities and threaten people with physical harm so don't usual attract a negative response.

They had been singing their favourite little BWP song and couldn't take it when he replied in the only way he could by scoring a good goal, his little shush up was more than fair play in my view.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Ah, I'm with you. Presumably a traditional finger-sssh sign? I was only curious for the same reason, Charlton stewards are amongst the most laid-back I've encountered at a ground.

Grecian2K

Charlton stewards are amongst the most laid-back I've encountered at a ground.
Mind you, the level of policing outside the ground seemed to me well O.T.T. for what is, after all, a pretty low key fixture. :S

DB9

Was on the train with the two that were ejected before the game, They were with a bunch of others who all looked like they'd had quite a few, Was surprised they even got into the ground and like ******** said, Giving it to BWP you knew he was gonna score and they seem to dislike it when he did. Thought the stewards were quite quick in there and dealt with them pretty well

Poultice

Mind you, the level of policing outside the ground seemed to me well O.T.T. for what is, after all, a pretty low key fixture. :S
When you say "level of policing" I think it should be pointed out that you were talking about the numbers rather than anything else, a couple scowled when I asked them what else was going on around there as they couldn't possibly be there for the visit of little old ECFC.

No history and two clubs with generally well behaved fans, a bit OTT especially when they have a lot of stewards in and around the ground.

Cravat 2

Absolutely pathetic when football fans get all upset when a player they have abused all game gives a little back. Embarrassment.

elginCity

his little shush up was more than fair play in my view.
...and mine, even though I wasn't there yesterday, but cringed last season on hearing that particular ditty at the Valley.

Reckon it's a generational thing, abusing a player's family seems to me to be fair game to (some of) the younger element these days, whereas it's just not on for those of a certain vintage, most of whom would have a family of their own.

Shout abuse/chant about the man, to the man, and he'll handle it. But his family? A no-go area, or should be.

Cue reports of sightings of middle-aged men chanting about the professionalism of BWP's mum yesterday. :D

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was chatting to a couple of stewards at half time and he said that the guys that got thrown out were on their "last warnings", his

words "b4 they entered the ground", the cc tv then picked them up making "obscene gestures so they had to go".

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was low key, compared to prev' years