• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fan friendly pub?????

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Innocent people in Plymouth, tourists surely?
"Tourists" in plymouth??

Brum grockles, down there for the cheap hookers.
[A]

Red the Paper

Banned
"Tourists" in plymouth??

Brum grockles, down there for the cheap hookers.
[A]
Yeah sorry Anon, Brum crockles it is.

Jersey Tone

Seeing as its all bad news about the Argyle thugs the other night,can i point out exeter fans started trouble in the golden hind,where innocent people were having a drink! i heard the locals who wasnt even going to the game turned on them :) and also a couple of fans came in the cherry looking for trouble.These two pubs are not known for football hooligans,and there are kids in them.Just wanted to put that point across,after city fans complaining about families being attacked outside (which i never seen) the ground.Both sets of fans were badly behaved in my opinion.
You're still missing my point. Put to one side the problems at the ground itself. By and large drinking in a pub before the game wasn't a big issue. I can't comment on the incidents you refer to above but surely it's fair to say that they are isolated ones. Indeed it there have been many stories (posted on here) where City and Argyle fans shared a very friendly pint or two before the game. I'll be there on the 11th, I won't wear colours (but then again, I never do - too old for that!!), and I'll be looking for a few cheery beers before the match. And I don't anticpate any grief either from Argyle or Exeter hoolies.

Do you reckon the Britannia will be open??

Green_Bin

There were problems in the city centre after lunch on Tuesday involving both sets of 'fans'. After what happened inside the ground alot of other incidents seem to have been kept quiet by D&C's finest. It was a bit tasty in Union Rooms and a few were detained and kept away from the ground.

There will be city 'fans' who either want to show that they can mix it down here or are out for revenge. Unless the ko time is changed expect more of the same before the game. Will be very interesting to see how they police the whole day in general and also what sort of crowd turns up for the match. I think that there were quite a few faces in that crowd on Tuesday who had just finished their last banning order!

Jersey Tone

There were problems in the city centre after lunch on Tuesday involving both sets of 'fans'.
But from what you are saying those problems were between rival sets of hoolies?? I'm not arguing that there won't be trouble but to be frank, so long as it's between like minded people I coudln't care less.

You reckon the 11th December could be even worse? Maybe, maybe not, in a perverse way I hope Exeter's hoolies do turn up because it will give your own idiots something to occupy themselves with. I'm not advocating violence but let's face it, it's pretty much a sad fact of life in these circumstances.

I do accept that Exeter have a bad element and they proper nasty (although I think Argyle have far more), but I stand by what I say. On the whole we'll be able to come and have a good drink and not get any hassle.

taunton pilgrim

Brittania is your best bet for a drink, both sets of fans in there on tuesday and no problems, in fact i cant remember last time there was trouble in there. Got a few bouncers on door, and no chanting inside, oh, and plastic glasses. But its the pub i always use, and its handy to walk to ground, 10 min walk and passing an Ivor Dewdney pasty van on the way, heaven.

Green_Bin

Fair point JT. See you in the Brit then. Mines a Guinness if you get to the bar first!!

Jersey Tone

Fair point JT. See you in the Brit then. Mines a Guinness if you get to the bar first!!
Lol, given our itinerary for the 11th I'd say there's a very good chance I'll get there first!!