• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup fourth round

muppetdodger

No, it's nailed on for the telly. The BBC love us now.

(OK, we're not likely to find out, but still ...)
At least if Liverpool win it is still an attractive tie for tv, if MK win v Saints that wouldn't be very interesting at home to Chelsea, likewise derby v Man U, so we might have a chance.

redman

Klopp knows full well that the FA Cup is big on Liverpool fans agenda, he will underestimate this competition at his peril.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you really think that Klopp will want to be labelled as the Premier League manager who lost to little Exeter City on his own territory?
No i don't, but he's taking a big big risk if he sticks to what he said post-match about playing a similar team, I was also very surprised he didn't bring Llalana on when 2-1 down, in my view he's either a) supremely confident in his youngsters b) wholly underestimates us or c) has his eye elsewhere because of his injury crisis.........its probably a combination of all these things, unless of course he plays loads of the first team

elginCity

Agreed AP, his views on fixture congestion and their subsequent injuries are well documented. Honeymoon period, no affinity with the FA Cup, good chance of winning the League Cup and one good run away from a European placing.

Have the feeling that the FA Cup is something he's prepared to sacrifice for the bigger prize, and will chance his arm once again. Europe is much higher on the agenda.

STURTZ

Probably didn't bring on Lallana or Lucas on because he considered our pitch a liability, he will probably be more brave on his own pristine lawn.

Grecian2K

So we'll be Ball 6 for Round 5 then?

IndoMike

A lot of potential tv games in this round.

Carlisle/Yeovil v Everton
Derby v Manchester United
Exeter City/Liverpool v West Ham
Northampton/MK Dons v Chelsea
Wycombe/Aston Villa v Manchester City

All in with a chance.
I would say that is exactly the order of probability of City getting televised if we could ko Pool

Alistair20000

An excellent ball for us to pull. (y) Just need to squeeze past the Mickeys. (flex)

muppetdodger

I see if we get to replay Liverpool, then if we win our 4th round tie will be live on BT sport at 5.30pm on the Saturday!

citizen

Hopefully the club will have a plan on how they will sell the tickets sorted well before the replay, just in case.
They should be pushing trust and supporter Club membership on the official Club web-site for the next couple of days.
UTC