• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grecian Travel are leaving from Summerland Street at 7.15 am. That might seem early but, as always, there will be a number of pick-ups en route and we don't want to get there without a bit of leg stretching and aclimatisation time when we arrive.

geoffwp

Paul Tisdale?....I'm not sure I would settle for it as we should win the game, .
absolute bull**** from someone whose judgement is completeltly impaired by his issues with the manager. You honestly think that Tis wants a draw rather than an outright win??? completer to$$er. lets start calling you richard USA, that would make more sense. This is definitely a case of your warped view creating a scenario that just doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Terryhall

A bit!;)

But even from Exeter what time will coaches leave? 7am on a Sunday morning? Bound to reduce numbers.
I don't know when they are due to leave but aa.com reckons it's a two and a half hour journey so would have guessed it would be later than seven. One benefit with it being a Sunday maybe the early kickoff means the fans can get home a reasonable time with most having work the next day.

I think it's not too bad as the club gets a decent amount of cash for the change. If it was a minimal fee it would be more of a **** take. Being an away game I imagine quite a few thousand city fans will be trying to catch somewhere to watch it on telly.
I was looking at this on Google maps yesterday when pondering the crazy option of travelling from Zurich.

By train from London, Paddington to Didcot Parkway is 1h 45 min give or take. From Exeter St Davids, it is 1h 56 min so not much difference.
By car, Exeter St Davids to Didcot Parkway (just because I'm too lazy to change the start and end point) is 2h 37 min (via the M5 and M4)

All timings courtesy of Google Maps. I didn't check the train prices from Exeter yesterday, but from Paddington they were about £27 return for one adult with no railcard.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
absolute bull**** from someone whose judgement is completeltly impaired by his issues with the manager. You honestly think that Tis wants a draw rather than an outright win??? completer to$$er. lets start calling you richard USA, that would make more sense. This is definitely a case of your warped view creating a scenario that just doesn't exist.
(rofl) apologies for not including the smiley. It was meant in a jokey sense although of course a draw will keep us in the competition.

Apologies for raising your blood pressure and causing you to resort to posting abuse. Sorry Geoff you need to calm down and stop being so paranoid.

For the record I can not like the manager and still want us to do well, sorry if that doesn't sit with your conspiracy theory :)

Banksy

(rofl) apologies for not including the smiley. It was meant in a jokey sense although of course a draw will keep us in the competition.

Apologies for raising your blood pressure and causing you to resort to posting abuse. Sorry Geoff you need to calm down and stop being so paranoid.

For the record I can not like the manager and still want us to do well, sorry if that doesn't sit with your conspiracy theory :)
It's a pity that because of Tisdale's abysmal cup record in recent years that we've been set up as the fall guys in this one. No surprise after last year's fiasco that BT chose the game , if we lose again in the same way they will live off showing the highlights each round until the last prospective underdog team is out of the competition.Shame really the maestro seemingly can't show any guts and fire and give us something to be proud of for a change.Who knows though , this may be the year that breaks the mold.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Went to the game at Minehead ,their pitch is in a Park if i recall ?
This game?

babs1

I was looking at this on Google maps yesterday when pondering the crazy option of travelling from Zurich.

By train from London, Paddington to Didcot Parkway is 1h 45 min give or take. From Exeter St Davids, it is 1h 56 min so not much difference.
By car, Exeter St Davids to Didcot Parkway (just because I'm too lazy to change the start and end point) is 2h 37 min (via the M5 and M4)

All timings courtesy of Google Maps. I didn't check the train prices from Exeter yesterday, but from Paddington they were about £27 return for one adult with no railcard.
The fast train from London Paddington to Didcot is NOT 1hr 45 mins but about 45 mins!!!!
The 10.03, 10.34 and 10.42 will all get you to the ground in good time

Last edited:

geoffwp

My BP was fine actually richard, probably around 127/72 while posting my comment. I dont beleive using a smiley would have altered anything regarding your silly anti tisdale comments

the dog2

I looked on line for Tiverton to Didcot and return was 67.50 per adult for that sunday!

andrew p long

The fast train from London Paddington to Didcot is NOT 1hr 45 mins but about 45 mins!!!!
The 10.03, 10.34 and 10.42 will all get you to the ground in good time
That's right! I think terry may have looked at the first train at 7.25am which does take 1hr 45m

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/PAD/DID/081115/0900/dep#outwardJump

but as that shows thereafter the journey from Paddington is just 45-50 mins and even on a Sunday morning the service is very frequent. The ground is round the corner from the station.So this is one of the few grounds outside London that London based ECFC fans can get to for a Sunday 12 noon kick off . Amazingly on my last trip there I found the ticket office (complete with very helpful and engaging staff) open at 8.30am on a Sunday morning.

Presumably there's masses of parking spaces at the station too,normally used on work days by commuters. And to complete the day there is also the railway Museum at the station,complete with working steam engines...

Last edited: