• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fa cup 1st round draw

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If (big if) it did happen surely they would switch the game to SJP.
It's no longer allowed. Blame Westley for that (Farnbrough v Arsenal).

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not strictly true. It can be moved for health and safety reasons.

Oldsmobile-88

The other advantage of getting a non league side if at home is it might encourage a slightly higher crowd as opposed to a league two side. playing someone who we normally play
There is not the intrest in the FA Cup these days unfortunately...The competition was devalued literally a few seasons ago when the prize money for the first few rounds was cut.

The draw takes place on Monday evening.WTF ?...Probably to satisfy some sort of commercial intrest..

I always looked forward to the FA Cup in years gone by...This has been tempered in the past few seasons !...Lets hope for a home draw...

tigertony

Torquay away for me (y) or Arggigle at home.
I can appreciate that desire. A home game against a team that has reached the semi-s must be attractive. NO game in the cup is easy because all the L1 / 2 / non-league teams want to rake in the cash. Teams like Willand, Curzon, Weymouth want teams like Argyle, Portsmouth, possibly even you lot, at home, for revenue and maybe TV money. TV companies look at non-league (lowest ranked and home) vs L1 / L2 (highest ranked) as prime matches.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
For reasons of safety/security the game can still be moved (just not for financial reasons), but to the nearest suitable ground, not to the side drawn away as used to be the case. In the event of us drawing Willand, SJP would probably be the nearest suitable ground.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
That as well.

Am hoping the penny is going to drop for tisdale, now that's optimistic(drunk)
Let's hope so, if we can get some extra revenue, by progressing through the rounds, he could then get that striker he wants

Oldsmobile-88

Maidstone United away on the plastic pitch...what could go wrong

They've got to beat Welling at home first.
A good one Mac....The 3rd ground that I would have seen the Grecians playing Maidstone.....Though except for 1981,not a great record !

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not strictly true. It can be moved for health and safety reasons.
Would agree with this. I can't see any way the police would allow willand v exeter to be played at willand's ground. Even if Willand drew any league side likely to bring a following in the order of hundreds you would need some sort of temporary structure so that there was segregation.

It's a big ask but will be hoping Willand can somehow get through tomorrow.

Oldsmobile-88

It's a big ask but will be hoping Willand can somehow get through tomorrow.
I am going with RaWZ and a few others tomorrow to lend our support.....I remember going down to Exmouth in 1989 for a FAC Q4 game against Farnborough..Exmouth were winning at HT but finally went down 4-1..Exmouth were the same level as Willand at the time..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member