• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F.A.O. David Noble

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Noble links F*ck all........

Open your eyes! His forward balls are hopeless. Head height to a short bloke who is marked by giants!!!

We need through balls on the floor for our short ass strikers to chase! Even Tom Nichols would bag a few if that were the supply route!

When have you seen Noble play a defence splitting pass then eh? Never, thats when! He aint all that!

F*cking watch the game man! :mad:
I'd suggest you quite clearly didn't watch much of yesterdays. There were times yesterday that he was made to look worse than he was by the lack of movement around him. That said, he can be highly frustrating when he wants to do Strictly Come Dancing with the ball, taking ten touches when he'd be far better getting a decent first touch, getting his head up and shifting the ball on quicker.

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
You fecking beauty!!!

I have not been kind to our skipper on here this season but stone me, he is slowly proving me wrong!!!

He started the game on fire. Forward runs with the ball right in amongst em, gritty tackling, a free kick on 30 minutes that if it went in it would be a contender for goal of the round! He showed passion in the first half and a desire to win that I have not seen from him before!

He went off the boil second half and got a bit sloppy with his passing, but just when you think we have been knocked out the cup at home by an average team, he unleashes the beast of all beasts!

A stunning goal and a deserved replay for City.

Top man David, have a pint or 12 for me tonight!!!

mole221

I still don't think he should be captain. After Nards was bought down in the first half, noble was straight to the referee, and ended up standing right up to him shouting in his face and eventually had to be dragged away, along with Nards, by Danny Coles. I don't generally worry too much about these things, but I thought that that was an absolute disgrace, a player who is supposed to calmly lead the team under pressure as well as communicating with the referee, and he goes and does a stupid thing like that. He was good first half, ran about fairly well and made about 75 percent of his chances, but was poor in the second half until the goal IMHO.

greenawayr

I wouldn't endorse disrespecting the ref but I would suggest that sometimes we need to show a similar sort of fire in our play. We can sometimes be a little too measured (from history of course, I haven't seen anything for the past 2 months).

Pete Martin (CTID)

For me the big difference in Noble has been in him generally playing further forward. Having gone from being "no goals Noble" he is now "two goals in a few games Noble". It suits him being further forward and long may it continue.

Poultice

For me the big difference in Noble has been in him generally playing further forward. Having gone from being "no goals Noble" he is now "two goals in a few games Noble". It suits him being further forward and long may it continue.
The thing that gets me is how such luminaries as Tis and Perriwinkle couldn't have worked that out months ago, and don't give that me 'we needed someone in the holding role' rubbish cos that sort of thinking got us stuck right at the bottom.

Willy Nilly

He does look much better further up the pitch. He's quality on the ball and, hopefully, his goals recently will silence the boo boys on the Big Bank for a few games. I wonder who they'll pick on next...

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
I still don't think he should be captain. After Nards was bought down in the first half, noble was straight to the referee, and ended up standing right up to him shouting in his face and eventually had to be dragged away, along with Nards, by Danny Coles. I don't generally worry too much about these things, but I thought that that was an absolute disgrace, a player who is supposed to calmly lead the team under pressure as well as communicating with the referee, and he goes and does a stupid thing like that. He was good first half, ran about fairly well and made about 75 percent of his chances, but was poor in the second half until the goal IMHO.
For me, it showed that he does have passion! He does have a desire to win! And he badly wanted that decision to be a red card, which it should have been by the letter of the law! That ref and his assistants were a disgrace yesterday by the way!

I thought it was good to see that outburst from our skipper!

Some times officials need telling how it is!

Leyster

I'd suggest you quite clearly didn't watch much of yesterdays. There were times yesterday that he was made to look worse than he was by the lack of movement around him. That said, he can be highly frustrating when he wants to do Strictly Come Dancing with the ball, taking ten touches when he'd be far better getting a decent first touch, getting his head up and shifting the ball on quicker.
Well said at times yesterday he would have to beat 3 or 4 players before anyone would be open for him to give the ball to anyone else since moving into the "harley" role he is by far our best player

pass after pass went astray, to one of there players or just backwards passing, gives the ball away, but to be fair he can strike a ball as last sec goal and sheffield utd away last week proved, but still there no urgency from him spends to much time on the ball