• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter's away step

Parry

Are there any plans to develop this, preferably over the summer if Torquay go up (if not then I couldn't give a flying Steve Tully).

Worst away end in the football league, FACT.

Firstly, you've obviously never been to Accrington.

From our position why should we spend £millions renovating a perfectly adequate sized terrace for the amount of away support that visits SJP.

It also has the added bonus of dissipating any vocal encouragement.

Thirdly the Old Grandstand is in a desperate condition and made from wood and one day will not get a safety certificate. This is the priority for ECFC.

How many you taking to Wembley by the way ;)

ArgyleArgyleArgyle

It may be ok for the regular crowds but its a hazard when fully loaded, crushing is a problem, getting pushed around trying to get to the kiosk manned by 1 and getting to a 2 cubicle toilet with the seat hanging of from behind the goal when your stewards wont let you walk along the front is a different story. Not to mention the severe lack of atmosphere and distance from pith

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, you've obviously never been to Accrington.
I'd take Accy's away end over ours. Although as I never go in our away end, I dont really care what its like.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
It may be ok for the regular crowds but its a hazard when fully loaded, crushing is a problem, getting pushed around trying to get to the kiosk manned by 1 and getting to a 2 cubicle toilet with the seat hanging of from behind the goal when your stewards wont let you walk along the front is a different story. Not to mention the severe lack of atmosphere and distance from pith
So in short, perfectly OK for the Argiggle then <Arguffawling>

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you can't make noise on an open terrace, then it's your own problem. We make a fair racket at Yeovil & Roves.

In saying that I'd love us to have a similar set up to Zoo Corner - you're lucky to be that close to away fans, it's been ages since we had that. When the OG and away do eventually get redeveloped I'm getting my season ticket down in that corner.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Are there any plans to develop this, preferably over the summer if Torquay go up (if not then I couldn't give a flying Steve Tully).

Worst away end in the football league, FACT.
You never sell it out anyway so there should be plenty of room, and there will be no risk of any Torbay pensioners being crushed or anything.

I never get it when Torquay and Argyle take the **** out of our away end. We dont have to go in it so why do we give a sh*t? I hope you enjoy the toilets.

Accringtons away end is actually a step up - I take it back. When I went it was cold, wet and windy and we lost - that has probably clouded my judgement !

The View from the way terrace - holds 1800 - perhaps this is something we should aim for.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should aim at one like Yeovil's. Clean and tidy away end.

Parry

Accringtons away end is what you aim for? how classy. Exeter City, forever tinpot.