• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Mansfield Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Troy Brown is very close to being back. Spoke to him during week and he said he was four weeks ahead of where his recovery should be and was looking forward to a C&F friendly this week to assess where he was. He seemed very optimistic about being back sooner rather than later.

As for the game, I think it’ll match the weather: grim. Having said that I was entertained by last week’s game - a good old fashioned division four slug fest played in good spirit with both teams going for a win. Is it too much to hope for the same two weeks running?
But brightening up as the day (game) goes along.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glorious out there at the moment let's hope the game is just as bright and let's hope Mr Evans gets redder and redder as the game progresses
UTC

Alistair20000

Sunglasses may be needed. :)

David Treharne

Just to confirm the belief that Crowded House had -it's been one of those days. The wind has, in last hour gone round to SSW, almost completely fallen away and has allowed the earlier crowd breaks to move towards 40% grey cloud cover, and indeed as Alistair 2000 rightly observed "sunglasses may be needed. The temperature is 10c and still rising. I am looking forward not only to a great match (famous last words!) but also a consistent baiting of their manager from the blocks above the dug-outs. That and a couple of pints pre-match should make for a great afternoon. I hide my cynicism.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Sadly the sun has now gone in here on the outskirts of Tedburn :(

Early Bath

Sadly the sun has now gone in here on the outskirts of Tedburn :(
Tis still here at Cheriton Bishop :)

IndoMike

32C here...... Lovely sunny day earlier. Do miss the cold weather, though.

denzel

In a poor omen the train from Salisbury has been cancelled meaning no trains from Honiton or Axminster. I don't suppose they might delay the kick off?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Pierce or McAlinden. :(

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym, Woodman, James, Tillson, Stockley, Moore-Taylor, Moxey, Wilson, Taylor, Loft, Brown.

Subs: Archibald-Henville, Harley, Simpson, Holmes, Jones, Edwards, Boateng