• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Wycombe Discussion and Prediction Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the reports of GC going back home post the Cambridge game and therefore less work ‘on the training pitch’ might make a difference 😂
drove past the training ground at 12 noon and all padlocked up. The day before a very critical match and i havent heard of giving the players time off even on Xmas Day in previous years? High risk perhaps or he has finally realised that regardless of what is going on at the Cliff hill it aint translating to games so giving them time off may be more benficial than what's been happening day in day out

Mid Devon Grecian

drove past the training ground at 12 noon and all padlocked up. The day before a very critical match and i havent heard of giving the players time off even on Xmas Day in previous years? High risk perhaps or he has finally realised that regardless of what is going on at the Cliff hill it aint translating to games so giving them time off may be more benficial than what's been happening day in day out
Anything’s worth a try I suppose

Topsham Boy

City nil…..that’s all I know.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I think it was being said that GC is in Cheshire for Christmas Day, so presumably they're not in.

Interesting contrast with the Sky 'EFL at Christmas' programme. The 3 ex-players said they never once had Christmas Day off, always came in for training. But it was usually just a token one hour session (and a principal benefit was to avoid the 'had too much turkey' jibe if defeat on Boxing Day followed!)

Seems fair enough to me - especially if we win tomorrow!

Bridgy 81

I was working on the telephone for Samaritans first thing this morning and will be doing the same tomorrow too, but as I’ll be finished before kickoff I should be able to follow the match virtually in some form.
I am off to Reading next Monday though so that’ll be my live festive football and hopefully a new year might bring a long overdue change of fortunes for us.

tom_ecfc

Yep. In GC’s last interview he said the players would be off until the Boxing Day game. I wonder if GC lived (home address) closer to Exeter that wouldn’t have been the case?

manc grecian

Can't wait to see the sun shining and see loads of goals.....on the big screen before kick off.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-O to Wycombe .’
GC waffles on post match about possession, half chances , being unlucky and a “we are all in it together/ results have to get better “ line .
Board are happy with that .’
Nothing changes

denzel

Yes, I think it was being said that GC is in Cheshire for Christmas Day, so presumably they're not in.

Interesting contrast with the Sky 'EFL at Christmas' programme. The 3 ex-players said they never once had Christmas Day off, always came in for training. But it was usually just a token one hour session (and a principal benefit was to avoid the 'had too much turkey' jibe if defeat on Boxing Day followed!)

Seems fair enough to me - especially if we win tomorrow!
Wycombe trained yesterday. If we don't win i expect this to be a factor

Avening Posse

Wycombe have won once in their last 12 games. If we fail again tomorrow at home against this lot we may as well lock up and turn the lights out until next season starts in League 2. I think we will win this one mind. Would love to see Cox get a couple UTC