• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter V Plymouth Argyle Matchday Thread

Very premature I know, but boy doesn't it look good... Can't wait for next season to start, especially as we now know we will be playing L1 football and inferior opposition :D

Now gargs all sing along now "we'll never play you again, we'll never play you again"... Can you hear the argyle sing I can't hear a fecking thing !

Roll on Boxing day regardless of the score it's going to be a sweet day for all Grecians .

As a Devon resident of only seven years I am not clued up as to why you two hate each other so much. Did something specific happen in the past to set it all off? Or is it just because families fight?

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Title of the thread says it all = sweet:D

UTC[ecfc]

Green Smirk

Awwww, lil ole City - you hang on for dear life on the last day of the season to get your cup final versus the big boys - congrats.

Dear lord though, how embarrassing is this...!? A sure fire barometer of how big a mess the Super Greens are in - we're rubbing shoulders with the riff raff!

Anyway, wait for the fxtures to come out and you can calculate how many sleeps it is until we whip yo ass!

Last edited:
I have nothing personal against any Plymouth people, but they do like to wave the "we're bigger and better than you" banner, even down to local news coverage, although it's not so bad now. But there was a time when local news and sport news focused on the Plymouth / Cornwall region and when I contacted the local BBC sports desk I was told it was because Plymuff was two and a half times the size of Exeter and so they got more than twice the coverage.
They also hate not being the Capital of Devon.

As a Devon resident of only seven years I am not clued up as to why you two hate each other so much. Did something specific happen in the past to set it all off? Or is it just because families fight?
I have nothing personal against any Plymouth people, but they do like to wave the "we're bigger and better than you" banner, even down to local news coverage, although it's not so bad now. But there was a time when local news and sport news focused on the Plymouth / Cornwall region and when I contacted the local BBC sports desk I was told it was because Plymuff was two and a half times the size of Exeter and so they got more than twice the coverage.
They also hate not being the Capital of Devon

Last edited:

Green Smirk

Hmmm Albert, that's not really a tricky one is it now.

Lil ole City, or a club that's having to swallow the bitter pill of exiting a proper division. I mean, take young Mackie. How long did it take him to decide where his future was.... Exactamundo.

So it's nowt to do with population, it really boils down to the proverbial pub team versus the professionals, although granted, that's a very generous phrase based on the shower of sh1t that we fielded this season.

Last edited:

The mighty Grecian

are we playing in red

I think its a disgrace that their is no match commentary on derby day sort is out BBC Radio devon :mad:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmmm Albert, that's not really a tricky one is it now.

Lil ole City, or a club that's having to swallow the bitter pill of exiting a proper division. I mean, take young Mackie. How long did it take him to decide where his future was.... Exactamundo.

So it's nowt to do with population, it really boils down to the proverbial pub team versus the professionals, although granted, that's a very generous phrase based on the shower of sh1t that we fielded this season.
Mackie will leave c*ckface.

See you next season you steaming pile of sh*te

CTID

flakey pasty

You're being a little harsh on yourself calling Arg*le a pub team, Green Twerp.