• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Dale

DorsetDale

Evening all, Dale fan here living in Bridport come to
say well done so far on your return to the Rochdale division!

Well, that's not all I've come for obviously (we daleys always have ulterior motives)!

Was wondering if any of you cider types live anywhere near Bridport?

The thing is see, I've got a 15 seater mini-bus booked for the 20th december and wondered if any of you chaps/chapesses fancied a day off from driving and travelling to the game in luxury whilst also being able to partake of a pre-match bevvy or 3.

Or i could be truthful and tell you that half the barstewards that originally said "yes mate i'll come down with you and watch Exeter kick yer asses" have begun pulling out quicker than the proverbial rat desertion!!

So I'm appealing to your better nature as fellow footy fans to have some sympathy and join with me and half dozen others and have a good day out.

Then again I suppose i could cancel the bloody thing!

Thanks for reading and don't make the replies too witty, and if there's any idiots on here run along and let the adults reply on your behalf, thankyou.

Cheers, Tony.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was wondering if any of you cider types live anywhere near Bridport?
Hello there. I'm living in Truro at the moment but if I can get enough time off work around that time I might be back in Charmouth by then and would be interested. A couple of my friends are lazy student / DCC slackers and will be in Charmouth anyway. They lurk so will probably see this.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
the Rochdale division!
:D Have you really been here long enough to lay claim to it? Yes, I suppose you have.

I was mildly disappointed that 'Dale didn't go up last year. I remember the Jim McNichol hat-trick in 89/90. In particular, a ridiculously taken quick freekick. Without looking at stats, I'd say Spotland is another bogey ground and I don't think Rochdale's record at the Park is anything special.

18 years later and we are still playing in the 4th tier. Hopefully we'll both go up together this year!

mammooman

I'll be driving through Bridport from Bournemouth on the morning of the match. PM me if you need a lift. But would rather not travel in a minibus full of Dale fans - even thought I'm sure you are lovely people!!!

Last edited:

David Treharne

I'll be driving through Bridport from Bournemouth on the morning of the match. PM me if you need a lift. But would rather not travel in a minibus full of Dale fans - even thought I'm sure you are lovely people!!!
Conversely, nor would a mini bus full of Rochdale fans want to travel to Exeter with Mammooman...but that's another story!!

mammooman

Mind you, I may end up having the minibus to myself after them thinking i'm a terrorist hijacker. ppffftt Infidels.

DorsetDale

Thanks for all your replies.

Phill, if you can mail me or respond on here as soon as you know and are still interested would be appreciated.

M. You are also welcome and as in original post, we're not all Daleys, just myself, daughter and nephew, indeed some will take great delight in an Exeter win!

Gozzer, we've been here since 1974 so that WORD that means we move up a division is long overdue!!

BTW I'm sure some of you on here know our fella Crede?

Will try to keep this near the top for a few days to ensure as many as poss can read.

Cheers again.
Tony

Last edited:

DorsetDale

Not wishing to intrude, just bringing this back up top, ta.

Rochdale__01706

Oreet Dorset, how goes it! ;)
Just had to re-register, lost all my original log in info!

Come on Grecians, i'll vouch for this Daley, and the 'old timers' crew will vouch for me! ;)

Clive Platt in the last minute!