• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeter living

staying up

in this months exeter living publication they reported that one of the top things that happened to the city of Exeter over the last few years was the day our football team beat manchester utd 0-0 at old trafford.
Optimism like that could get us into the Championship -no trouble!!

Red the Paper

Banned
in this months exeter living publication they reported that one of the top things that happened to the city of Exeter over the last few years was the day our football team beat manchester utd 0-0 at old trafford.
Optimism like that could get us into the Championship -no trouble!!
I saw that. Maybe their journo left when Taylors shot hit the side netting thinking it had gone in.

I am sure we managed 2 promotions since then and 2 Wembley appearances

Last edited:

chalkyno1

theres an argument that playing the biggest team in england, maybe the biggest team in the world, when a conference team, and holding them to a draw, and therefore securing our immediate future is somewhat of a victory?

Rog H K

theres an argument that playing the biggest team in england, maybe the biggest team in the world, when a conference team, and holding them to a draw, and therefore securing our immediate future is somewhat of a victory?
I would say that Man Utd held Exeter to a draw that day.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would say that Man Utd held Exeter to a draw that day.
[y] liking your style.

Are there any stats from the game? Possession, shots, the usual stuff?

pedropete

Well it saved the club.
If we hadn't had the Man Utd game we would not be here now!!!