• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Make that 4. (y)

About 3 then :D

Last edited:

Dannyred

You and your 'friend' Danielle Red seem to have difficulty distinguishing between preference and bigotry. If I prefer KFC rather than McDonalds am I exercising a preference or am I narrow minded? I fear I may have to spell this out to the both of you I HAVE NO INTEREST IN LADIES FOOTBALL. It's a choice of mine that I'm happy with if that's OK with you both?
It’s Not about you it’s about the club doing the right thing for every girl or woman wanting to follow their football dream equally. You have sons, think if you had daughters how would you explain that they can’t play at SJP as they are female.

I hope you don’t drink lucozade sport as the bottles have women footballers on them which would upset you.

This is about the club giving equal dreams.

StroudGrecian

Seems a bit bizarre so-called ECFC fans having no interest in our women's team simply because it's 'ladies' football, but no matter.

To me the real issue is those same 'fans' seem adamant that what appears to be a discriminatory practice - not to allow our women to play at SJP - must perpetuate. Justification seems to be based on the fact that such events wouldn't break even, but surely that is also the case for the youth teams that do play at SJP?

Even if you have no interest in 'ladies' football, can you not see that on the face of it this appears to be discriminatory?

Andy Holloway

Seems a bit bizarre so-called ECFC fans having no interest in our women's team simply because it's 'ladies' football, but no matter.

To me the real issue is those same 'fans' seem adamant that what appears to be a discriminatory practice - not to allow our women to play at SJP - must perpetuate. Justification seems to be based on the fact that such events wouldn't break even, but surely that is also the case for the youth teams that do play at SJP?

Even if you have no interest in 'ladies' football, can you not see that on the face of it this appears to be discriminatory?
But the point is that how many of the other Ladies/Women's teams play at their named club's ground? Even in the Professional Ladies/Women's games the likes of Chelsea & Arsenal do not play their home games at Stamford Bridge or The Emirates.

The reason that some of e youth games are played at SJP is because that is what is in the competition regulations. You'll find that any other home games are played at The C & F.

And as to the size of crowds, when Scotland Ladies/Women played their last home game ahead of the upcoming Ladies/Women's World Cup at Hampden Park the crowd was a record of 18,555, the previous record being 4, 098. A very good turnout i'll admit but, that was for a professional, World Cup friendly, downgrade that to ECFC Ladies/Women and i suspect the crowd would struggle to be the 98 let alone the 555!

The day the ECFC Ladies/Women attract a crowd of over 500, regularly, then yes the club should think about possibly switching games to SJP, but until that day let's let these girls get on with what they enjoy and stop making everything such a discriminatory issue.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody should be chastised or belittled for their free choice in what they do or don’t like, the reason I’m not hugely interested in it is simply that I’ve always watched the men’s game and therefore feel and affinity with it which I don’t with the women’s game. I wish the women’s team all the best and don’t doubt that the younger generations with more exposure to women’s football from a young age will have a closer connection than me.

On the subject of where they play, the only sensible reason I can see for allowing the youth to play at SJP is perhaps to prepare them for breaking into the first team fairly soon in some cases and therefore being used to playing at SJP rather than a training ground. It’s an interesting question though.

Last edited:

Dannyred

Nobody should be chastised or belittled for their free choice in what they do or don’t like, the reason I’m not hugely interested in it is simply that I’ve always watched the men’s game and therefore feel and affinity with it which I don’t with the women’s game. I wish the women’s team all the best and don’t doubt that the younger generations with more exposure to women’s football from a young age will have a closer connection than me.

On the subject of where they play, the only sensible reason I can see for allowing the youth to play at SJP is perhaps to prepare them for breaking into the first team fairly soon in some cases and therefore being used to playing at SJP rather than a training ground. It’s an interesting question though.
It’s Not about you liking women’s football, it’s about the club doing the right thing and allowing the women to play at SJP and growing the women’s side in the city.

IndoMike

It’s Not about you liking women’s football, it’s about the club doing the right thing and allowing the women to play at SJP and growing the women’s side in the city.
And yet you keep making comments like this:

" I hope you don’t drink lucozade sport as the bottles have women footballers on them which would upset you.".
You keep haranguing people who say they are not interested in women's football. Just because you support it / like it it doesn't mean everyone has to. But I'm sure a lot of people will watch some of the Women's WC on TV, but they just are not interested in going to women's matches on a regular basis.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just out of interest how many games did you get to last season (watching the Womens team)?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I give up.

Good luck with your crusade.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Just out of interest how many games did you get to last season (watching the Womens team)?
Pulls up a ringside seat and opens the popcorn while awaiting the reply. ;)

Back to topic, would it not possibly be even more dispiriting playing (most) weeks in a virtually empty stadium...even one of SJP proportions - gap and all - than on a more compact local pitch? (And that applies to the youth as well as the women teams)