• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shuttle bus parking to go and see and women's match isn't going to grow gates - it needs to build in a more accessible area IMO

Exwick might not be ideal but it's suits their requirements atm

Would Heavitree's ground be an option? Not been there in years, mind. Or Exmouth?

It's very different to a men's team being out of town, that's an established thing

TOP_CITY_FAN

Somewhere like Topsham too - easy to get to.
And I know people hate running tracks, but there’s always Exeter Arena.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
They did play at Topsham when tully was manager. That was years ago. Not sure how much it gets used now. Maybe stay at the hub for now and see what happens.

grecIAN Harris

Shuttle bus parking to go and see and women's match isn't going to grow gates - it needs to build in a more accessible area IMO

Exwick might not be ideal but it's suits their requirements atm

Would Heavitree's ground be an option? Not been there in years, mind. Or Exmouth?

It's very different to a men's team being out of town, that's an established thing
Have you ever been to Wingfield Park? It was a s4!thole when I was playing and barely made the standards back then (there was a story that the only reason Heavitree got away with it was because they were founder members if the Western League, right or wrong I don't know). Whatever needs doing at Exwick or The Cat and Fiddle would need doing there and then some.

Grecian Max

Have you ever been to Wingfield Park? It was a s4!thole when I was playing and barely made the standards back then (there was a story that the only reason Heavitree got away with it was because they were founder members if the Western League, right or wrong I don't know). Whatever needs doing at Exwick or The Cat and Fiddle would need doing there and then some.
A long, long time ago in the 90s, hence I asked the question (y)

grecIAN Harris

A long, long time ago in the 90s, hence I asked the question (y)
I wouldn't have thought that much of the infrastructure there would have been maintained to any great standard as I'm not even sure that they have a D&E Premier side nevermind Western League.

denzel

I wouldn't have thought that much of the infrastructure there would have been maintained to any great standard as I'm not even sure that they have a D&E Premier side nevermind Western League.
Surely a man with his ear to the ground in local non league football will know they are Devon and Exeter Division Three these days..

grecIAN Harris

Surely a man with his ear to the ground in local non league football will know they are Devon and Exeter Division Three these days..
I must have missed them when they bypassed Winkleigh whilst dropping like a stone. That shows how far they've fallen off of the local scene. They play as Heavitree Social Club now instead of Heavitree United.

Last edited:

denzel

I know, quite shocking that they have fallen so low. Maybe they are looking for investment?

Boyo

As SaintJames says it’s on a bus route. I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of those involved to organise extra public transport on match days.
One bus an hour along Sidmouth Rd is not going to cut it. Yes, shuttle buses could be organised but it's off-putting for spectators and as I've already said will be cost prohibitive. Westpoint, Greendale or Crealey would want a cut and then paying for a couple of buses to do loops for an hour before and after would more than swallow up the gate receipts. If there isn't sufficient parking at the Cliff Hill, its not going to work.