• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's category B. Women's championship.
Ah so it is, I forgot it was tier 4 not tier 3 that is the next step.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah so it is, I forgot it was tier 4 not tier 3 that is the next step.
It is tier 3 we are going into.
There's a National League North and a National League South (our League next season) which feed into the National Championship (Tier 2).
We've gone from FAWNL Division One South West to FAWNL South

[1] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Women's Super League --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[2] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Women's Championship --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[3] ------------------------------- FAWNL North ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FAWNL South -------------------------------
[4] FAWNL Division One North ---- FAWNL Division One Midlands -------------- FAWNL Division One South East ---- FAWNL Division One South West

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
so does anyone know what the ground criteria is for the southern league we have been promoted into

Colesman Ballz

so does anyone know what the ground criteria is for the southern league we have been promoted into
I would refer the honourable gentleman to post #1012 by Mr Posloe.

!luke!

There is no criteria in terms of capacity in the 3rd tier/southern premier, but several other criteria about facilities on that document on the previous page.

Teams in the 3rd tier are eligible for a £100k grant to recover upto 70% of any stadium improvement works (if we haven't already claimed for recent improvements at exwick?)

Spoonz Red E

"There is no minimum capacity at this level but a club should be mindful that the minimum requirement for Grade B (should we get promoted again) is 1,350."

I believe there have been discussions with the College for a while as regards possibilities should we stay at the Hub.
They've put in the small stand this season and there were supporters behind one goal with temporary barriers on Sunday to allow for 800 plus supporters.
I'd expect a more permanent fence behind that same goal with options to do similar behind the other.
There'd also be a need for an upgrade to the toilets (we had three portaloos on Sunday).
Drinks, snacks and merchandise are sold from a table arrangement with flasks inside the Hub building - this might need firming up a bit.

Antony Moxey

How many home fixtures (not including cups) will the women have next season? I’d imagine, if they don’t get tonked each week, they’d be looking at between 1,000 and 1,500? If so then can’t fixtures be arranged for when the men are away - looking at the pitch during the Oxford game I’d imagine it could cope with one game each weekend, especially with our international players giving the men’s side plenty of weeks off.

grecIAN Harris

How many home fixtures (not including cups) will the women have next season? I’d imagine, if they don’t get tonked each week, they’d be looking at between 1,000 and 1,500? If so then can’t fixtures be arranged for when the men are away - looking at the pitch during the Oxford game I’d imagine it could cope with one game each weekend, especially with our international players giving the men’s side plenty of weeks off.
I think you're getting over excited with those figures. The biggest draw to watch the women's game would be the girls of the future and their parents but when do they play? ........ Sundays

!luke!

I think probably about 500 average I'd have thought is realistic for that league playing at either exwick or SJP. And in that case exwick is probably best rather than a mostly empty stadium with only one side open.

I think a few games at SJP would be a good compromise to have increased attendances for local derby type games like Plymouth. One off games should be a couple of thousand.

This is averages including the league we are going into.

lamrobhero

I think I heard / read reference to the Women's team playing at SJP next season. I have gone over Chas's recent videos without success so I guess I am imagining it.