• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Shrewsbury Town Matchday Thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That has made my ****ing day. Amazing result. Must have been really exciting for the faithful at SJP. Well done all.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Seriously thought you were dead and buried.
Nah, I'm fine. It was just a rough couple of weeks.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
We desperately need to get a keeper in! Rotating two youngsters cant go on like this.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great win, well done City. Nichols really starting to show so form too.

How long since we've had such an impressive comeback at home? Superb stuff.

tigertony

Nah, I'm fine. It was just a rough couple of weeks.
You should try banter (rofl)

Grecian2K

You'll get used to it - like us. Seriously thought you were dead and buried.
No way. It was easy, tiger! :D

Actually, its all part of Taggy's master plan to restore our previously dwindling attendance's.

Having finally read the Exeweb consensus about our good away form but boring, boring carp at home the order has gone out that every home game HAS to now be a roller-coaster of edge of (or sometimes behind) the sofa excitement. Seems to be working so far.

PS: Have to feel for the Shrews though. Must be really gutting to throw away a 2 goal half time away lead - but even more so if you WALK AWAY WITH NOTHING.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

We desperately need to get a keeper in! Rotating two youngsters cant go on like this.
See Pate is putting his usual spin on things.

Thames Valley Red

No way. It was easy, tiger! :D

Actually, its all part of Taggy's master plan to restore our previously dwindling attendance's.

Having finally read the Exeweb consensus about our good away form but boring, boring carp at home the order has gone out that every home game HAS to now be a roller-coaster of edge of (or sometimes behind) the sofa excitement. Seems to be working so far.

PS: Have to feel for the Shrews though. Must be really gutting to throw away a 2 goal half time away lead - but even more so if you WALK AWAY WITH NOTHING.
Its personal for me I am for one and delighted they lost in this way, happy days!

Thanks City! you made my season with this result.

UTC

TVR

rustle

Atmosphere was terrific even the Flybe was singing!

manc grecian

Cracking game of football....again. Good football played at a great tempo with lots of tackles flying in.

Hamon was at fault for the first but not helped by Noble losing the ball on the halfway line and nobody closing the shot. What the highlights won't show were the two excellent saves Hamon made at 0-2.

Keohane and Cummins also missed a sitter each in the first half. Could easily have been 3-5 at the break.

Second half we dominated and the spirit was excellent despite being behind. Good that we went for the win having got it back to 2-2.

Referee was beyond atrocious. Lawrence should have been sent off twice.