• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
You’re too negative man .
Portsmouth had zero answer because of our brilliant defensive play.
To me , it was a magnificent performance full of grit, hard work , desire and determination.
did you see the two free headers we gave away at the back post in the first 10-15 minutes?

does that marking fall under brilliant defensive play ? just wondering.

gui

your too enthusiastic - so why don’t we meet in the middle and agree it was a good point against below par opposition on the day

also how have you given our keeper a 9.5 rating when i think he had 1-2 saves in the whole game.
2 MASSIVE saves mate .

malcolms

2 MASSIVE saves mate .
He joined Exeweb in 2013 and has only posted just over 100 times in all that time..yet here he is posting every 5 mins..Based in Cornwall..I think he’s trying to play you guys.🥳

Spoonz Red E

He joined Exeweb in 2013 and has only posted just over 100 times in all that time..yet here he is posting every 5 mins..Based in Cornwall..I think he’s trying to play you guys.🥳
I have you wrong Malcom.
I've met and spoken to Gui a fair few times over the years when I was in Reception and the Club Shop.

A positive bloke and a City fan.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

because he’s a forward and Taylor is a midfielder , regardless of if he’s good enough or not playing square pegs in round holes doesn’t work , Diabate up top doesn’t work because he’s a centre half , Jake Taylor up front doesn’t work because he’s a central midfielder.

if you play people in there proper position and give them a chance it’s surprising what happens hence Diabate & Cox in recent games.
Oddly enough Creds, you'll find Taylor played in midfield. Aitchison took over the central strikers role when Cox went down with cramp before he went off and Cox was playing a more withdrawn for the last few minutes he was on the pitch.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Oddly enough Creds, you'll find Taylor played in midfield. Aitchison took over the central strikers role when Cox went down with cramp before he went off and Cox was playing a more withdrawn for the last few minutes he was on the pitch.
he’s not a striker either.

dress it up all you want i ain’t that bothered in fairness.

grecIAN Harris

Aitchison is a forward, more of a ten variety, than Taylor who is a midfielder.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Neither's Scott. I'm also not bothered.

arthur

Taylor played on the left where Niskanen had been, Niskanen moved into the middle where Aitchison had been, Aitchison moved forward to where Cox had been and Rankine stayed where he was. That's how I saw it anyway

Colesman Ballz

Credit must have been watching Eastleigh rather than Exeter to see Jake Taylor playing ! :unsure: