• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

Well-known Exeweb poster
was pleased not to hear barge wasn't covering the game but nothings changed .. unfortunately Radio Devon's commentary is still crap...

This you?

She was really good I thought
When I could hear her . Yeah not bad... A little complex and she didn't pic her moments to analyse.. ie there's plenty of time when the balls out of play and as I said 2 often i struggled to hear her. But overall the second half commentary was far better than the first half.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely no complaints about the ref. Thought he was great.
. it sort of comes to something that I'm just sort of grateful there wasn't another dodgy penalty awarded..

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
hard to please :)
not really i just want to be entertained when i go.

i didn’t find that very entertaining, yes i appreciate the hard work and commitment but that should be a given anyway - i don’t pay money to watch City work hard as that should be a given for any team at any level.

it’s a good point , but as a spectator i found it quite dull.

sign of the chimes

You'd expect a team at the top of the table to have a stand out player or play some decent football, compare them to Ipswich last year. They didn't. Yes partly down to us but mainly they were just a little meh.
We're nowhere near Ipswich last year, who were pretty special when on song - which is being reflected in their progression this year. Until the last few weeks we've been more like one of the other promoted sides from last season, who I'll not name. Whether or not we can sustain that till late April is the big question. We've faltered these last couple of weeks and the last three league performances have all been as bad as anything we've produced in the twenty that went before.

I'm absolutely not looking to downplay the fact that you came out tonight and made things really hard work - I was interested to see whether or not you'd back up the win against Wycombe and you did; but a month ago we had a bit more spark away from home against the sort of well-organised performance you put in tonight.

It looked pretty clear that the players were putting a shift in for GC this evening.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Portsmouth being top of this league is further evidence that it is a very stay-up-in-able league this season
they was poor , long diagonal balls - the one or two times they did speed up there passing they looked a better side but it wasn’t often enough to hurt City.

If they’re the best team in the division then City with a striker of note can finish half way in this league, i thought the lad Pack no7 from memory was there best player.

league 1 isn’t a great standard of football for City to say a few weeks ago every game at this level is difficult simply isn’t true.

But hey ho. we move on.

JGrecian23

i didn’t find that very entertaining, yes i appreciate the hard work and commitment but that should be a given anyway - i don’t pay money to watch City work hard as that should be a given for any team at any level.

Exactly this. A point against Pompey is a good point. But as entertainment goes that was as dull as ever and other than Niskanen hitting the post, there was literally nothing to get remotely interested about.

andrew p long

Sonny looked to have cramp, and nothing more, we hope !
I thought that was the usual pretend injury. We can get an injury stoppage with on pitch treatment to slow the game down (without having to go down to 10 men) in only two ways - either an injury to the keeper or a player about to be subbed goes down. Funnily enough both those things happened during a spell when we were under pressure.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think in our current run what you are expecting is perhaps a tad optimistic. Give it 3-4 games unbeaten then perhaps entertainment is higher up the list but we have bemoaned a lack of competing and scrapping all season so I for one am glad we put in a shift tonight

sign of the chimes

Not one mention of the ref tonight on here!? So guessing he had a decent game. One of the better refs in the league is Mr Gill.
I thought he did well. Proper 8/10 performance.

Reactions: gui

iscalad

Some people are never satisfied. That was a well earned point to ight.