• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough Utd. Match day thread.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jules looks so much more comfortable as part of the back three (or two CBs, as per the Posh game) rather than as a LWB, where he struggled to get up and down the wing and never wanted the ball.
I think Gary signed Jules with the intention to replace Hartridge next season. I think he perservered with Jules thinking Hartridge would eventually regain his form. If anything it got worse and was costing us goals. In the end Gary couldn't wait till next season

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Gary signed Jules with the intention to replace Hartridge next season. I think he perservered with Jules thinking Hartridge would eventually regain his form. If anything it got worse and was costing us goals. In the end Gary couldn't wait till next season
If Hartridge is not going to sign a new contract and will be off in the summer anyway, why play him unless you need to cover injuries etc ?

denzel

If Hartridge is not going to sign a new contract and will be off in the summer anyway, why play him unless you need to cover injuries etc ?
You play the best team irrespective of their contract status, the aim is to win matches

Colesman Ballz

You play the best team irrespective of their contract status, the aim is to win matches
Well quite clearly he is not in form and Jules is doing a good job in his position, so that is exactly what we are doing anyway ? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

Well quite clearly he is not in form and Jules is doing a good job in his position, so that is exactly what we are doing anyway ? :unsure:
The boring answer is that we signed Purrington and Harper is now fit as well so we have LWB's, so Hartridge's poor form can be replaced by Jules moving back into his more natural position. Earlier in the season Hartridge was doing ok and Demi being used further forward whilst Harper was still settling in after his step up and then injured.

Lammie

Vincent Harper's transformation borders on the amazing. What a player he's turning out to be. Cole and Jules also - things are definitely going in the right direction.

Fabulous result and much deserved. Particularly enjoyed Kirky continually raving about Diabate's "classic striker's goal" only to discover that it was an og :)

Farewell W Aimson
Yeah, sorry about that! Great finish all the same though. 😁
I guess I should have realised when they all ran back to Reece rather than go Charlie Bananas in front of the Big Bank!

PS, good summary by Jambo, Credy and Rosencrantz on the post match reviews here.

UTC!

denzel

Dodgy goals committee has Sat and officially given the first goal to Reece

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dodgy goals committee has Sat and officially given the first goal to Reece
I wonder how they come to that decision? On the video evidence I saw it was inconclusive. Do they ask the players? Does the lino have the final say?

larrywilkie

I wonder how they come to that decision? On the video evidence I saw it was inconclusive. Do they ask the players? Does the lino have the final say?
Maybe they asked the Posh keeper if he agreed with the decision to award it as an og!!

DawlishBouy

Officials and their inconsistent decision making.
Jake Caprice would probably like the same committee that made this decision to review his non goal v Salford to increase his career tally of goals by 50%.