• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Northampton Town - match day thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention of todays referee yet, I take it he had a good game?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was genuinely awful. But tbh we performed much worse

gilbertshoot

Consistently inconsistent

Memphis09

Terrible that’s all I can say
Seen him before and said to my wife he is bad and he was

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The referee was poor but it is Neil Hair so wasn't expecting anything differemt

Highlights

Chief

Great pass and finish for Northampton’s first. They could have had more.

I’ll be heading to Sixfields for the reverse revenge fixture.

JCWhoosh

To be fair, Wildschutt looked very good on the yellow slide when I saw him at Crealy last week.

Grecian Max

For a bloke who likes to come across as being intelligent, you c

There you go Maxi Boy, one non hysterical balanced post. It's not that difficult to either put out or find. Just simmer, cool, think straight and post.
The content is no different to what I was saying - we were terrible 😂 No hysterics at all, you might want to look up what that means. We don’t have a proper 9 and will struggle to score goals - surely as the top goal scorer of the postman league you understand that? I’ve even read your many tactical musings that agree with that view

As for the first bit of the post I’d loved to have known where you were going with that but your superior IQ appears to have forgotten to finish the top tier point you were trying to make

Last edited:

Grecian Max

On his first appearance I thought Yanic looked good - something about his poise with the ball at his feet when facing a defender, on his toes and confident enough to take the ball close to the defender. No sign of that today. Re Kyle is he a continuity player like Callaghan used to be for Liverpool ? (sorry for ancient reference).
My fear is confidence draining from the squad which is especially needed given Gary's style of play.
First half we really seem to want to attack down the right hand side via Harper - whether that was tactical or not I’m not sure but it meant Yanic wasn’t receiving many balls to feet… or at all actually

I think he’s a good player who is surprisingly big for a winger/wide forward - frustrating not to get him on the ball in dangerous areas. I like him, he’s very direct, same can be said about Niskanen so perhaps over time that will help

Still going to struggle even with Demi playing to score goals

grecIAN Harris

The content is no different to what I was saying - we were terrible 😂 No hysterics at all, you might want to look up what that means

As for the first bit of the post I’d loved to have known where you were going with that but your superior IQ appears to have forgotten to finish the top tier point you were trying to make
But again, who was talking about you? You've got too many tickets on yourself lad.