• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Newport County matchday thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've watched the Sky highlights. For the first three Newport chances James is very close to the ball in a wide area and does close to feck all to stop the cross coming in and this is why I still don't rate him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-vs-newport/374120

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
yet again our starting line up entirely consisted of players who were with us last season
....and yet again we won. 😊

ecfc70

Well done city, gutted my flight into Exeter approached from Honiton as I would have loved to see the game from above even if it were only for a few moments

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've watched the Sky highlights. For the first three Newport chances James is very close to the ball in a wide area and does close to feck all to stop the cross coming in and this is why I still don't rate him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-vs-newport/374120
Having just watched this the defender chested out Holmes header the ball then rebounded onto the inside of the post before being cleared. The officials got it right as at no time was it completely over the line. Late on in the game Lady Luck certainly smiled on us as the Newport forward's shot hit the inside of the far post before bouncing clear with Pym beaten.

MagzECFC

yet again our starting line up entirely consisted of players who were with us last season

The E&E worked out that we were the only side out of the 92 who didn't have a debutant starting on the opening day of the season.If I've got it right,that run has now extended to the first 5 games of the season, when nobody else managed one game!

(and this is despite now having lost five players to clubs that finished above us last season - Watkins Wheeler Ampadu Grant and Stacey)
Because we didn't sign anyone who wasn't injured or poop. That has now changed :)

Avening Posse

The E&E worked out that we were the only side out of the 92 who didn't have a debutant starting on the opening day of the season.If I've got it right,that run has now extended to the first 5 games of the season, when nobody else managed one game!

(and this is despite now having lost five players to clubs that finished above us last season - Watkins Wheeler Ampadu Grant and Stacey)
Interesting stat and bodes well. Loving our start to the season. No doubt some tougher games to come, but competition for places should keep everybody on their toes.

Having just watched this the defender chested out Holmes header the ball then rebounded onto the inside of the post before being cleared. The officials got it right as at no time was it completely over the line.
The ball may or may not have crossed the line but the defender handballed it as clear as day and spotted by everyone behind the goal on the BB.

PeteUSA

. Late on in the game Lady Luck certainly smiled on us as the Newport forward's shot hit the inside of the far post before bouncing clear with Pym beaten.
Check the clip again. It was a tight call, but Pyms hand gets all the way to the left of the post. Had that shot been on target, I think Pym would have got a hand to it.

IndoMike

The ball may or may not have crossed the line but the defender handballed it as clear as day and spotted by everyone behind the goal on the BB.
I really think the ball didn't cross the line.

citizen

I thought Newport were a decent team and bullied the midfield in the first half. Their centre forward (No 9) could have had a hat trick in the first half.
Some great defending and bits of luck got us to half time. I thought the second half was better and we were more competitive all around the pitch.
It was a fine goal from Super Lee Holmes to win a game. I thought we were fortunate to get all three points,but who cares you make your own luck.
UTC Citizen.