• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Morecambe match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like we've lost interest in the season!

On my way down, would have been nice not to have had engineering works this weekend!

Hoping we might see some new faces, and a rare home win.

Preview http://www.exeweb.com/2016/04/28/next-up-exeter-city-vs-morecambe/

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
'New faces' - you mean squad players and nippers? Yep, I'd agree with that and would happily think we've already seen the final appearances of Woodman, Oakley, Harley, McAllister and Butterfield to name but a few.

denzel

The Sun is out. Here's hoping for a win. See you at the Park

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this our last competitive game for he Old Grandstand?

David Treharne

It's a bright but chilly morning. It's 7c, but on account of the brisk NNW wind it feels colder. There's a 50% grey cloud cover, with the sun trying to break through. We had 3mm of rain in the 24 hours to 10:00, mainly in the form of very heavy hailstorms which were very brief but very wetting!
In answer to Hant's question about the OG I think that the answer is likely to be "No"
Like several other posters I sincerely hope that Tis decides to play around with selection and perhaps not pick some of the 'oldies' in favour of a more e experimental line-up. I agree wholeheartedly with Ant Maxey about those that we might never see again, but I think that our hopes in that direction are likely to be dashed. I will save my summary of home games until after the dust has settled on this afternoon and just add that I voted for Troy Brown as Player of the Season.
Updates and grumbling around 13:00.

denzel

I know it's slightly different circumstances but there might be similarities with the Sheffield Wednesday game. Dead rubber, nothing to lose. That game saw Nichols' debut, THAT Troy goal, and Tisdale coming on in midfield..

Go on Tis, give us a treat.

David Treharne

Surely one of the quietest ExeWeb days for ages? Temperature 12c, and during the morning the wind has increased in strength and shifted around to NW. Not a sign of precipitation, but conversely only 25% blue sky showing. I'm going to leave early to avoid getting ensnared in the huge number off Morecambe fans that are undoubtedly marauding up and down St James Road, filling St Anne's Well to capacity and generally creating mayhem in the City Centre.... or not.
After such a generally dismal home showing this season it would be great to finish at home with a carefree joyous exhibition of uninhibited footballing skills... but that ain't going to happen either. Anyway, please no more trippy tapping out of defence. It's not too much to ask is it?

denzel

Disappointed in the line up. Same old.

IndoMike

I know it's slightly different circumstances but there might be similarities with the Sheffield Wednesday game. Dead rubber, nothing to lose. That game saw Nichols' debut, THAT Troy goal, and Tisdale coming on in midfield..

Go on Tis, give us a treat.
I'm sure everyone would feel excited to think that Tisdale might come on ( if he was registered). Would put a couple of thousand on the gate.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Sun is out. Here's hoping for a win. See you at the Park
The Sun is out every day now in England, even on Sunday. Shame about the weather though.