• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Luton Town - Official Matchday Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the start of the season at this stage most of us if not all would have taken just 2 home defeats considering our previous home form.
4 wins in 11 home games is not good enough if The Grecians want to make the top 7

Luton were on a poor run,we ran them ragged for 80% of the game yet we still lost.. Poor finishing at 0-0 did us in the end..Too many hard luck stories already at SJP this season...

A Slacker

4 wins in 11 home games is not good enough if The Grecians want to make the top 7

Luton were on a poor run,we ran them ragged for 80% of the game yet we still lost.. Poor finishing at 0-0 did us in the end..Too many hard luck stories already at SJP this season...
...but the entertainment has been sooooooo much better this year. We're moving in the right direction.

ECFC Music

I've been really impressed with City in the last two games - Port Vale and Luton. If we continue to play like that and providing we don't give silly goals away, as on Saturday, then we should have a good second half to the season. However i think Tisdale now has something of a dilemma with selection as these games have seen a City with energy and drive, rather than the ponderous build up apparent in some previous matches, despite the absence of senior players.
In defence obviously Brown must come back into the team and once Ribiero is fit again to resume at right back i would be inclined to move Davies to left back, who has performed solidly, and who cannot do any worse than the occupants who have hitherto underwhelmed to say the least.
The real problem he has is in midfield,when Harley and Noble are fit again, where Tillson proved a revelation against Port Vale and Holmes was the conduit for much of our offensive play.
In attack i have previously thought Reid lacked composure and Saturday was no different. His feet do not seem in tune with his brain and for me Watkins seems an all together better choice in the absence of Wheeler who is of course a nailed on selection.
Despite my misgivings i also thought Grant had the best game i've seen him play in a City shirt and hope now he can maintain this improvement.

STURTZ

The big difference for me is having midfielders in Holmes, Nicholls and Grant that are actually capable of running at oppos and we have moved away from playing a succession of sideways passes that seldom achieved anything other than give the other team time to regroup.

STURTZ

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

The big difference for me is having midfielders in Holmes, Nicholls and Grant that are actually capable of running at oppos and we have moved away from playing a succession of sideways passes that seldom achieved anything other than give the other team time to regroup.
Absolutely. For me, Nicholls has found his ideal position now and looks much better as a result.

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
Luton fans are claiming we should have been down to 10 men, somebody on the right at the back deliberately treading on a prone McGeehan's leg ? Assuming it's not Woodman they speak of !
They wouldn't have wanted Woodman sent off, he was their best player.....

Oldsmobile-88

...but the entertainment has been sooooooo much better this year. We're moving in the right direction.
Yep.....Agree on that.

elginCity

They wouldn't have wanted Woodman sent off, he was their best player.....
:D

...whereas...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A happy 33rd birthday today to Craig Woodman.

(tisdale)