• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember when I was refereeing; generally the first game cancelled was Tiverton Town or Cullompton, and the only pitch you could always guarantee playable was Topsham Town.

Saint James

Pete, my 18 year old lad plays in the Western League either side of the leaghues for Tiverton and Cullompton. However, by and large these two are still heavy pitches alathough Cully have or are having extensive work on their pitch due to their sponsorship with Edenvale Turf. Topsham Town still a decent pitch but the club is in a sorry state now and is only propped up by another club (Cronies) sharing the ground. Did you ever ref at Witheridge as they are rooted at the foot of the same league as Exmouth (South Western/Peninsula) and will be relegated back to the Devon and Exeter next season.

Saint James

Cant seem to edit but to correct myself back to the South Western Eastern. My prediction today will be a 2-1 win for the City in front of a bumper 4,650 lol

Saint James

Cant seem to edit but to correct myself back to the South Western Eastern division. My prediction today will be a 2-1 win for the City in front of a bumper 4,650 lol

citizen

A waterlogged pitch at Cully ruins a football double header for the MTC ,Exmouth Town supporters . Hopefully there ate no problems at the park. Any win for City today please.

David Treharne

Don't hope for the beautiful game today. We've had 9mm of rain in the last 24 hours and though there's watery sunshine outside, it's 4c, 65% grey cloud cover, and the barometer is dropping, seeming to indicate that there will be rain later. Wind is from the S but is moving round to SW which should also mean a slight rise in temperature. However the pitch was looking fairly threadbare against Stevenage and I'd expect it to cut up badly today, despite the best efforts of the ground staff. If it's substantial quantities of rain the playing surface for Saturday could be very poor. As to the game, who knows? If the performance is as bad as Saturday we'll lose. If can get a bit of width and boss midfield we are well capable of winning - but only the manager and a close coterie of advisors know what is planned for today. I'd like to see an attacking set up from the start rather than sitting back and let Doidge score another couple of goals. On present form I'd expect at least 6 midfield players to start. Update at 13.00 come rain come shine.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be a day off for the sprinklers then.

Come on Tis, get them up for this with a do-or-die motivational pre match rouser and give us something to cheer about. A morale boosting thumping dished out to the veg-heads please.

IndoMike

Billy : it's just not Tis' style to send them out all fired up. How often have we not sat back from the outset? Seldom.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Billy : it's just not Tis' style to send them out all fired up. How often have we not sat back from the outset? Seldom.
I think we are all pretty sure how today is going to pan out Mike. But in my fantasy land Tis is reading Exeweb in the back seat of his chauffeured limo on his way to Exeter and thinking " Yeah, **** it, Billy's right. I'm going all out to smash FGR back where they came from cos it's time I showed the world I'm not a scaredy-cat after all".

Dream on.

STURTZ

Not a day or pitch for lightweights today.

Predict a boot it long for Stockley again day.