• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Crawley Town - Official matchday thread

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If nothing else I would be looking for the defence throwing there bodies in front of every attempted cross or shot
Which is exactly what the Crawley defence did, to their credit, and despite the centre pairing clearly unable to pass the ball - everything was hoofed, headed or blocked. Not pretty, but job done.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 view of Tuesday night. I'm quite enjoying these little videos (5:45 mins long), though I guess some will find the music irritating.

[video=youtube;b5gE-QQPQWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gE-QQPQWE[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gE-QQPQWE

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 360 view of Tuesday night. I'm quite enjoying these little videos (5:45 mins long), though I guess some will find the music irritating.

[video=youtube;b5gE-QQPQWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gE-QQPQWE[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gE-QQPQWE
Hants I am afraid I am one of those and would also appreciate it if there was more verbal commentary.

PeteUSA

Who dedicates their time to sit and film the game that way? Its nice to have an alternative view like that, but it cant be a lot of fun for the cameraman.

On the up

Hants I am afraid I am one of those and would also appreciate it if there was more verbal commentary.

We had more than a few chances to put the game away. However, they missed a sitter of a one on one, and too easily strolled through our centre of defence for the goal. A promising youth player and a 39 year cannot be the answer to any football league centre back combination.

PeteUSA

In reality theres no way a 15 year old boy should be thrown in the deep end like Ampadu has. Also, I'm not sure that Watkins is the next big money transfer that hes touted to be. He's making some glaring misses when he should be scoring. Far too early to judge.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
In reality theres no way a 15 year old boy should be thrown in the deep end like Ampadu has. Also, I'm not sure that Watkins is the next big money transfer that hes touted to be. He's making some glaring misses when he should be scoring. Far too early to judge.
Looks to me that Watkins, whether he believes the hype or not, is being asked to shoulder too much responsibility. He is in the team, in whatever position Tisdale fancies for him on the day, with the simple role to do something special and win the match for us. That was Harley's role back in the day, but even though Watkins has similar ability to create a goal out of nothing you need a bit more maturity and experience, to go with the ability in order to carry that expectation on a regular basis.

IMO it is too soon for a player who has only just broken into the first team and got himself noticed. He needs to be allowed a few quiet games without that sort of pressure, or he needs to sit out a few matches and re-focus. The same sort of protection that Ampadu is (rightly) afforded.

dontpassback

You have to wonder if mr cureton would have taken at least one of them chances!we will never know but we need a clinical striker because we cant afford to keep missing chances,or it will cost us long term.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No doubt he would have done - Cureton is the best finisher we've had in the last 10 years (sadly he's 40)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt he would have done - Cureton is the best finisher we've had in the last 10 years (sadly he's 40)
Anyone know how he is getting on at Farnborough?