• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Bristol Rovers Matchday thread

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Afternoon chaps

Firstly, any danger of the game being called off? I see your website says no inspection is due but there are Rovers fans in the south coast area saying that it is pretty wet down there

As for the game, well, it's the battle of two bad teams at the moment but I really won't be expecting anything from the Rovers tonight. We haven't scored an away goal in something like 600 minutes and the squad is so bare it's laughable. We played 3 youth teamers Vs The Gills on the weekend, bringing two of them on off of the bench in front of regular starters because they have been playing so badly

Can't see a 0-0 tonight, our defence is too slow and our mid-field too non-existent for you not to break it down, and besides, your players still owe us for that night at the Mem' where we came away with the points after playing the entire game in our own penalty box

All the best, I won't begrudge you the points, you need them more than we do and a few more defeats might just see the management due gone!

PS - Marcus Stewart to grab the first! (My boyhood hero)
Marcus Stewart is out injured !

Cravat

No chance of that, Stewart is injured. I wouldn't worry about you're defence being too slow either, our strikers (if you can call them that) have the pace of a dyslexic snail.
Haber looks pretty nippy!

mammooman

Talking of nippy, can we have Athena back tonight, what with the rain and all.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Afternoon chaps

Firstly, any danger of the game being called off? I see your website says no inspection is due but there are Rovers fans in the south coast area saying that it is pretty wet down there

As for the game, well, it's the battle of two bad teams at the moment but I really won't be expecting anything from the Rovers tonight. We haven't scored an away goal in something like 600 minutes and the squad is so bare it's laughable. We played 3 youth teamers Vs The Gills on the weekend, bringing two of them on off of the bench in front of regular starters because they have been playing so badly

Can't see a 0-0 tonight, our defence is too slow and our mid-field too non-existent for you not to break it down, and besides, your players still owe us for that night at the Mem' where we came away with the points after playing the entire game in our own penalty box

All the best, I won't begrudge you the points, you need them more than we do and a few more defeats might just see the management due gone!

PS - Marcus Stewart to grab the first! (My boyhood hero)
I see you could be without Lines, Kuffour and a few others so hoping we'll get the points. However, our midfield was also non existent on Saturday, so we need to buck our ideas up. I think it will be a very competative game tonight and probably only one goal in it. I really hope the new boy, Haber gets a start to see what he can really do from the off. Would also love to see Norwood and McAllister involved at some point too.

Not raining here at the moment so it will be fine.

Oh and Marcus Stewart's injured so won't feature tonight.....

Cravat

It is chucking it down here! Sat a few hundred yards from the ground.

CC

our strikers (if you can call them that) have the pace of a dyslexic snail.
Why a dyslexic snail? :S Are they slower than normal ones??

Gashead

No chance of that, Stewart is injured. I wouldn't worry about you're defence being too slow either, our strikers (if you can call them that) have the pace of a dyslexic snail.
Have there been any calls for Tisdale to go down there?

elginCity

Only from his wife.

AndyB

Have there been any calls for Tisdale to go down there?
NO!!!

Keep your bleddy hands off. :)

angelic upstart

what do you want me to do, organise a street dance ?
Could you? I aint seen one since one of those "anarchist" reclaim the streets in Cardiff about 10 years back. They took over Albany Road. Mentoew.

On topic

City to win. 2-0 but I'll be wrong with the scoreline, correct with the result.