• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Walsall Matchday Thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
O.K. Ant but I didn't think Dunny got through as much work as is customary for him on Saturday. I agree about the lack of application, Noble excepted of course.
Trouble with Dunne, IMO, is that the last month or two he's turned into a bit of a headless chicken running round like a loon lunging in on anything that moves. Bizarre really as he always seemed more controlled that.

As for Sercombe, I think it's about time he stood up to be counted. He just seems too quiet and not keen on getting stuck in. Take the good bits from Sercombe and Dunne and you've got the perfect midfielder I'd say.

And like you say, Noble excepted. Tis said it'd be after Christmas when we'd start to see the best of him back in preseason. Let's hope he can continue in his current vein for the remainder of the season.

Grecian_Jay

QUOTE=Antony Moxey;1120938]Do you think that that would be acceptable for the club to have up on it's own official site? I doubt there's many organisations that would openly criticise its employees like that, especially through their own official website.[/QUOTE]

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable for the club but who the f*ck wants to read a load of made-up innaccurate sh*t just because the club wouldn't like it. It is a pointless excercise as you are admitting you can only write what they want rather than what you see.

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting, Walsall fans seem to hate Richards. My Walsall supporting mate says all he ever does is go sideways or backwards, but like you I thought he was decent on Saturday.
He had a great game on Saturday...I suspect some Walsall fans know as much about football as some of the morons at SJP who got on Matt Gills back during his first few months at SJP..

Alistair20000

Trouble with Dunne, IMO, is that the last month or two he's turned into a bit of a headless chicken running round like a loon lunging in on anything that moves. Bizarre really as he always seemed more controlled that.

As for Sercombe, I think it's about time he stood up to be counted. He just seems too quiet and not keen on getting stuck in. Take the good bits from Sercombe and Dunne and you've got the perfect midfielder I'd say.

And like you say, Noble excepted. Tis said it'd be after Christmas when we'd start to see the best of him back in preseason. Let's hope he can continue in his current vein for the remainder of the season.
Pretty well agree with all of that but I won't volunteer to do the match reports. :D

Antony Moxey

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable for the club but who the f*ck wants to read a load of made-up innaccurate sh*t just because the club wouldn't like it. It is a pointless excercise as you are admitting you can only write what they want rather than what you see.
What was inaccurate, and what would you suggest I - and presumably the other match day reporters - write?

Last edited:

arthur

Trouble with Dunne, IMO, is that the last month or two he's turned into a bit of a headless chicken running round like a loon lunging in on anything that moves. .
In the finest Nicky Medlin tradition of cultured ECFC midfielders...let's hope this is just a temporary blip