• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Mental Health Awareness Matchday Thread

Should have been 4 goals to City helping to sort out the difference but a win is a win and another 3 points in the bag.

Well done to the City faithful and the BB for singing their hearts out
UTC.

So there is life after The Red Legion?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love Ryan Bowman, me.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
There was before there will be afterwards @ stuck in Crawley

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman does a really good job for the team and fits in well. Not a huge fan of Ajose yet but his runs and playing style complement Bowman's, he gets wide and holds it up. We have a lot of ball players behind Bowman, I kind of like the way he's more physical and puts himself about. Better ball winner than Stockley ever was but not as good a finisher obvs

geoffwp

There was before there will be afterwards @ stuck in Crawley
I seem to remember there was generally more noise made in the cowshed than on the bank in those days as well. 😎

geoffwp

I love Ryan Bowman, me.
He's sort of ok Fred, but it was Harley we offered our wives to I seem to recall.😊

Spoonz Red E

Well, youre always at an advantage arguing for the unknown vs the known, arent you. He's looked competent, but hardly undroppable. Why not just sack the whole team and play the under 18s instead? They have looked VERY promising and we don't know they'd have done worse. Taylor seems to think Seymours not quite there yet for a regular start, but is already good enough to be sniffing round the squad. From what I've seen of him, I'd say thats spot on.
This really.

It seems to me that Archie Collins and Joel Randall have pushed on recently but in terms of their improvement this season I very much get the feeling that Archie is learning from Jake Taylor and Joel is learning from Randell Williams & Nicky Law.

I think Matt Taylor has played a blinder in bringing the lads through incrementally using squad strengths and loans out.

Even with Matt Jay, despite the frustrations of some regarding his lack of first team starts, Matt has got him firing on all cylinders now when he plays.

budegrecian

Whilst I agree with those who think Matt Jay was MoM, today, there seems to be little praise of Archie Collins, who I also though was excellent. He just looks so assured, he's a c.lass above everyone else on the pitch.

Rosencrantz

This really.

It seems to me that Archie Collins and Joel Randall have pushed on recently but in terms of their improvement this season I very much get the feeling that Archie is learning from Jake Taylor and Joel is learning from Randell Williams & Nicky Law.

I think Matt Taylor has played a blinder in bringing the lads through incrementally using squad strengths and loans out.

Even with Matt Jay, despite the frustrations of some regarding his lack of first team starts, Matt has got him firing on all cylinders now when he plays.
That's right, we could all see how good a player MJ was in the youth team and reserves as well as, by all accounts, in training. When he got his chances in the first team though, he still looked good but didn't have much effect. A slight change in position and a lot of hard work I should imagine, and now he has an effect on games much more consistently.

Rosencrantz

Whilst I agree with those who think Matt Jay was MoM, today, there seems to be little praise of Archie Collins, who I also though was excellent. He just looks so assured, he's a c.lass above everyone else on the pitch.
Playing along side big Nige gives Archie more freedom to play his natural game and show his quality as he can be more progressive and take more chances with his passing.