• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter city v Sheffield Matchday Thread

mole221

Am I correct in thinking that every one of the starting 11 and subs that came on were ALL free transfers to the club? Wonder how that compares to Sheff Wed.
Yeah, I think you'd be right, with the obvious exception of sercs, whose one of our own :)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Am I correct in thinking that every one of the starting 11 and subs that came on were ALL free transfers to the club? Wonder how that compares to Sheff Wed.
And just to add to that, am I right in thinking about half of todays team played for us at conference level? Better not tell the Owls! ;)

Last edited:

mammooman

Ok, done a bit of research and pretty much all of Sheff Weds transfers in the last 3 or 4 years were free transfers, but I can imagine their signing on fees, agent fees etc were much greater than ours. Let alone the salary.

Morrison etc must be on £10k a week? Thats pretty much the same as our starting 11?

Would be interesting to see a points earned while playing ratio measured against transfer fee (including fee, agent and signing on fees.) I would think we favour pretty highly.

Jaffacake

From the Wednesday Forum

Exeter battered us, it's our worst loss in history but look at the bigger picture - We're gonna be cruising back to the Prem, leaving nobody teams like Exeter in our wake.

It could be a lot worse, we could actually be fans of a tin pot club like Exeter and have to go to that shed week in week out.
Someone has been out in the cold too long, he's become delusional! Cruising back to the Prem?

1. Your team is in League One
2. It's been 10 years! that's a long cruise!

grecian till i die

Did anyone mention my great matchday thread record??

Markthehorn

From the Wednesday Forum

Someone has been out in the cold too long, he's become delusional! Cruising back to the Prem?

1. Your team is in League One
2. It's been 10 years! that's a long cruise!
They probably said that last time Wednesday managed to get out of this division...before coming back down.

Great win for you guys but maybe not such a surprise given your impressive home form.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone mention my great matchday thread record??
I'd like to mention your great match-day record... Keep it up GTID.Please arrange another 5-1 against Swindon on Boxing day

Just had this fantastic dream.....................We beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 and their fans reacted like children to the defeat!

........Hang on we did beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 and their fans did react like children to the defeat!

Has beens !

Keep dreaming Wednesday fans! Its a long way back to 'the good old days'

T*ssers!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights on iPlayer can be found at 53 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wx91r

And you can watch over and over and over again!

Agent_Kujan

Just seen the highlights on Iplayer, bloody hell we were good! :D

Sercombe's goal, what a beauty! Must be in the League One goals of the season at the end of the year. From what I could see from that was one of our best performances for a very long time. Warms the c*ckles of me heart, so it does. :D

And Tisdales generous and humble speech about the ground staff and the club at the end. That is why we are so lucky to have him. I think all this talk of him going some like Bristol or Swansea everytime they lose a manager is total rubbish. I think when he does go, its going to be to someone a LOT bigger than them. He must be now appearing on certain chairmans radar very much higher up the leagues.

Anyway, who cares about that and I for one don't want to put a damper on an incredible performance. Swindon must be quaking in their boots. :D