• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale official matchday thread

Grecianman135

Well I went today to collate my own thoughts as I hadn’t been since the Wigan League game.
Were to start
This my opinion other people may diffe
Sinasolo. Didn’t really have a lot to do so personally think he is a good keeper
Ilmari had a average game would’ve like to see him switch wings earlier and more often
Rankin. Very poor
Sweeney. Gave his usual 100 % tried and fought
Aimson. Bottled it got deliberately sent off poor Captain
Jules better at the left of a 3 but still below average
Carroll. Below average. Great at a sideways pass
Trevitt. Plenty of endeavour at least had a good effort second half.
Kite personally my mom. Battled hard would start him every week
Aitchson. Below average
Wildschut. Again ran Kite close battled hard and look a threat more than most.
Scott battled with no service
Harper tried
Taylor below average
Overall another disappointing game
Port Vale were not very good but they didn’t need to be.
Our corner routines were appalling and why was Scott our main striker outside the box at corners
Trying to be objective we are not going anywhere but down at the moment the way we are playing.
But our board didn’t back Caldwell in the summer so now coming home to roost.
Supposedly we own our club but we all no we don’t.
Don’t think Caldwell going anywhere but Tagg and his merry men should go with him.
To finish I went today with positivity but even the most positive person I go no longer believes
As Private Fraser says we’re all doomed
Fair comments on all Carroll is exactly the same as Noble was,all coat and no trousers, both look absolutely brilliant and can make the game look so easy when in the mood..

Marcus Aurelius

Not too much about the match in the last four or so pages. Pity! An awful lot about the manager, and very little about the game itself. Everyone will have their own ideas about what the solution is, whether its sacking the manager/ sacking the Board(s)/ bringing in copious amounts of money by various unfeasible means, and so on. At the end of the day today's game was enormously disappointing, because Port Vale were extremely poor. City had some moments of bulid up play when they looked quite threatening, but if you don't have recognised strikers however good the build up, if the end result isn't there, by having lurking menace in the 10 yard box, very little is going to happen, and for all the efforts on building attacks. It's not that we don't have skillful players, becasue we do. It's not Wildschutt's fault that he;s not putting away chances, he'd admit he's not an out and out striker. The drift here is that that the players we have are being let down by circumstances that are entirely outside their control, but that there's no single factor, but a multitude of poor decisions by Boards, a Manager who has 'lost the dressing room' and a creeping set of campaigns that are, in themselves ultimately destructive. There was enough happening out there today to make me think that the situation isn't beyond repair, but it needs concerted actions by a number of people to rectify those mistakes. I haven;t said it anywhere else, but I think the manager needs to go, but there's much more that needs to be done beyond that, and that means an uncomfortable look at several aspects of what is goingon within the Club and the Trust.
Absolutely right.The situation is now getting out of hand.

Nickp

Although Carlisle bettered our result at Bolton by 11 goals as they won 4-0 there.
For the first 9 games, Cheltenham failed to score.

Now we have scored just one more than them.

Says it all!

tom_ecfc

Did I hear that the attendance was 6,000 plus and Jules MOM ?

Shirley not
Remember this figure includes ALL season tickets holder (3,500 odd) even if they didn’t turn up.

If all ST holders didn’t turn up and 1 man and not even his dog this time around did, the figure would read 3,501. When in fact only 1 poor sod who couldn’t stand anymore Christmas shopping turned up.

i8cornwall

Ah, a know it all/said so all along/ been right all the time/ aren't I brilliant. Yawn.
Sorry Geoff must hurt you deeply that I was right.

I know you have high opinion of yourself and the Trust you blindly follow.

It'll be ok. maybe go for a walk, cup of tea and a mince pie, maybe even look back in a photo album of the good old times when you could pretend the club cared about your £2.

It'll be OK, just work through the pain.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Memphis09

Touch wood. James Scott looked ok. A few good touches. He absolutely has to stay as far as possible away from any form of build up play. If he stays in the box then he would do alright.
Any box at amazon would suit
Completely useless

Memphis09

And Sweenze. The only ones who deserved a clap.
Was Mom by country mile
He cleared up at the back several times put decent crosses in and shouted encouragement to the players
How the hell Jules got it is beyond the wit of man
I always think the sponsors must have a lucky dip

JayPob94

Brilliant. Am I right in saying we were linked with him? I thought he had a good game too

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was Mom by country mile
He cleared up at the back several times put decent crosses in and shouted encouragement to the players
How the hell Jules got it is beyond the wit of man
I always think the sponsors must have a lucky dip
No they are pieed up !