• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Peterborough United Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
the team we put nine goals past in 3 games? oh dear :S
Good point well made!!!...I FOUR ONE had forgotten that little <FACT>

They did say twice that City was the top team in the South West...
But Shirley that's the EXETER THIEFS, isn't it??? :S

samwise

Oh, and by the way, for those of us committed to a long term support of Liam Sercs as first scorer, can anyone brief us on his positional play and shooting please?

He had a couple of efforts from long range today but they got blocked, most of the time he was sitting deeper and spreading it about or out on the right wing knocking it about with Tully and the forwards.

I'd be much more inclined to bet on him as the last goalscorer than the first though, if we're a goal down or drawing he gets himself forward and gets a few shots in.

Joshyd123

Great game.

Gutted that Troy's header didn't go in at the end, would have been brilliant to cancel out his own goal.

Thought Tully and Golbourne were quality today aswell, plenty of crosses from both and full of running.

Ian_Woodward

Sercombe, Dunne and Harley are brilliant and how good is it to have strikers scoring regularly.

IndoMike

Good point well made!!!...I FOUR ONE had forgotten that little <FACT>

But Shirley that's the EXETER THIEFS, isn't it??? :S
No, they did say it about City: comparing with Yeovil, Torquay and the Mouth, I guess..

andrew p long

A measure of the side that Tis has built for this season whereby we dont panic when going 1-0 down. Last season, we go 1-0 down, we lose. Not this......although still a long way to go in this match.
But unfortunately when we come back from 1-0 down to go 2-1 up we concede to finish 2-2 at 90 mins.

That has happened 4 times in the 5 home games this season. (I think!)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

A really entertaining match with two good striker's goals for City and two scrappy goals for the Posh. Would have taken 2-2 at the start of the game but slightly disappointing we failed to hold on and so close with last second goal line clearance.

Not convinced that we should have had two penalties.

tricolor

A really entertaining match with two good striker's goals for City and two scrappy goals for the Posh. Would have taken 2-2 at the start of the game but slightly disappointing we failed to hold on and so close with last second goal line clearance.

Not convinced that we should have had two penalties.
Yeah great game, all over them at 2-1 and Troy with the last touch of the game was so close to winning it. Dunne played a blinder and Duffys' tackling in the first half was quality. Once Taylor is back can see us really push on.

Citysupporter2099

Great game. Good point. Shame we didn't win but it was probably a fair result. Roll on the game in hand...

Proverbs31

Couldn`t get to the match today but listened to the excitement on Radio Devon. I thought Andrew Barge and Jon Ayres were excellent and conveyed the excitement for those who coudln`t get to the park.