• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oxford United Matchday Thread

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just seen the goals......WTF do we do at corners? The most basic thing is to ensure you have two players to shut down short corners.....The first goal we only had one who went out and the cross for them was easy. The third goal was another short corner and we went too late to close it down and the fourth goal proved that they didn't need to bother with short corners cos we couldn't defend a cross to save our lives anyway..... I have no idea who is coaching these basics but whoever it is, is doing a ****e job.... If it was 7th tier football you wouldn't accept this level of defensive incompetence....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not bothering to go next week after that performance and I'm a season ticket holder! I will give my ticket to someone who gives a F@ck

older-codger

Just seen the goals......WTF do we do at corners? The most basic thing is to ensure you have two players to shut down short corners.....The first goal we only had one who went out and the cross for them was easy. The third goal was another short corner and we went too late to close it down and the fourth goal proved that they didn't need to bother with short corners cos we couldn't defend a cross to save our lives anyway..... I have no idea who is coaching these basics but whoever it is, is doing a ****e job.... If it was 7th tier football you wouldn't accept this level of defensive incompetence....
Not helped by a keeper who fails to take control of his area and merely complains about being obstructed.

STURTZ

Well Tisdale's plan to attack the Big Bank in the first half of matches is certainly going well at the moment isn't it? (rofl)

I HAVE seen City play worse than they did tonight, but I'm struggling to recall a game where the players and manager appeared to give less of a toss. I watched the players reactions when the second, third and fourth goals went in, and no one really seemed too bothered, let along upset, that we had conceded. Hard to see how things are going to get turned around, so lucky for the club that we are currently clear of the teams battling against relegation.
Thought the same, they all just plodded back to their starting positions without any emotion or idea, no leadership urging them on to better things, oh for a young again Rob Edwards and Matt Taylor! Wrong perhaps to pick on one player but Davies near post defending of corners was abysmal.

Many people travel a long way to watch these games, my journey is a round trip of 200 miles, watching such a limp wristed display last night was an insult.

grecianfaniow

just **** i got tickets for argyle game now im wishing i ****ing didn't at this point (smoke)

Jordan Moore Taylor needs to be dropped. He's a liability in the air and costs us week after week. He gets out jumped so easily and the oppersision target there crosses towards him.

malcolms

Not helped by a keeper who fails to take control of his area and merely complains about being obstructed.
For sure, that would help. However, I have a certain sympathy for him...he had no help from anyone in the box....I choose my words carefully but I have rarely seen three goals given away in such a fashion...It was criminal.....

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
So with that in mind, basically he's only going to leave if a) another club offers him better (realistically a Championship side considering his current wage which isn't going to happen) or b) the club sacks him.

Which begs the question, how much further do things have to go before the club would seriously consider sacking him? Do we have to wait until relegation to Conference?
Blimey, I'm getting a really strong sense of deja vu here. Slipperies-era? Plus ca change ...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;UB6ZfEvtvS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6ZfEvtvS4[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6ZfEvtvS4

Last edited:

malcolms

You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;UB6ZfEvtvS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6ZfEvtvS4[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6ZfEvtvS4
I was trying not to comment on how bad the 2nd goal was too.....ran straight through the centre of midfield without a tackle of any sort being made....Harley ran with him for 20 metres and clearly decided that he was too good a player to get his hands dirty with making a challenge....