• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that MT said it was the most physical team he could pick.
Is Moxey more physical than Parkes? I guess on last nights showing he was more violent...
He qualified this in at least one of the interviews by suggesting he would have started with Parkes had he not missed a significant amount of training.

rp42

Tisdale and Taylor both had/have good qualities and talents. However they also seem to share a very bad one - a one dimensional, unimaginative approach when up against it. That team selection and tactics last night were reminiscent of Tisdale at his worst. I just hope Mat can climb out of the hole he has dug himself into.

One other thing. If things weren't bad enough last night, we also had to put up with that unspeakable commentator. So busy was he was churning out numerous statistics based omens - "the last time a team in red and white stripes won a play off after going a goal down in a year with 0 in it" etc SHUT TF UP - that he took about ten seconds to notice that Moxey had been red carded
Absolutely hate that commentator Alan Parry him and ******** Hendrie seemed biased towards us all evening.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
You could almost sum it up when Bowman fluffed his chance when he somehow tackled himself.
There is no conceivable way that Bowman should be playing in the FL. He is a very poor player, and its obvious why he went from club to club before we got him. Heres hoping he's not retained by Taylor.

DB9

There is no conceivable way that Bowman should be playing in the FL. He is a very poor player, and its obvious why he went from club to club before we got him. Heres hoping he's not retained by Taylor.
Think he's still under contract Pete, Can't imagine we have the coffers to pay up contracts and putting him on the Transfer List, I can't think they'll be many takers

Colesman Ballz

A mate of mine works down the angling shop behind Fore St, I could ask him to recommend a good "waggler" for you coz everything you are trying at present is just total carp ! 😎

Alistair20000

A mate of mine works down the angling shop behind Fore St, I could ask him to recommend a good "waggler" for you coz everything you are trying at present is just total carp ! 😎
He still reels ‘em in though Mr Ballz. :LOL:

I bit last night when he opened fire on Maxted.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely hate that commentator Alan Parry him and ******** Hendrie seemed biased towards us all evening.
Alan Parry is a Director at Wycombe. Says it all

Antony Moxey

I think you mean biased against us.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clive whitehead,Jimmy Giles,Shaun Taylor,all,leaders,where are leaders in the current outfit ?
Nobody has pointed the finger at Nicky Law yet. Not just yesterday but generally I want more from him as a senior pro of genuine class. Here's Stuart McCall damning him with faint praise before the game.

The Martins ,Sweeney, Bowman , Ajose, Fisher, Jake et al have been getting plenty of pelters this year but I say Law needs to stand up and be counted more.

Buckles chin strap.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete that’s an idiotic comment even by your standards.