• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Dannyred

I would like him to say why ajose has again been an unused sub and whether he has a future with the club.

Legohead

Banned
I would like him to say why ajose has again been an unused sub and whether he has a future with the club.
Should just pay up Ajoses contract and get rid of the useless sack of sh*t. Either that or give him statutory sick pay. Had enough of players taking the money and taking the p*ss.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
👍

Yep. Fair play to Northampton for grinding out a result against us, but I fear they will get found out very quickly in L1.
As we would have been.

tallone

I dont care if I never see Maxted again! Total f*ck*g clown!!
I dont care if I never see you again! Total f*ck*g clown!!

hardi2b

Re Ajose I say play him next season ggive him a chance for a few games with MJ and JR.

IndoMike

For those masochists who'd like to see City pumelled by Northampton. Sigh.

IndoMike

Just hope the boys play with confidence, give their all on the pitch and have a great night celebrating. Double fish & chips all round for the victory, boss.

Good luck to Matt, his team and all.the players.

Love from Indonesia
Well they didn't play with confidence and they didn't give their all. So much for praying

tonykellowfan

Well I have PTSD after that performance. That was horrific.

We couldn't compete with their players in pretty much every part of the pitch, Northampton were deserved winners. I don't understand fans criticising Northampton, they played with skill and desire and focussing on their physical side is missing the point.

I was very disappointed that Collins didn't start, we looked much better when he came on, but after the Moxey sending off we were dead and buried. Atangana has not looked fit to me over the 3 games we have played.

I think now we should be getting rid of the older players and going more for the players who played in the Portsmouth game. I don't see why Seymour and Randall can't be put into the first team.

IndoMike

So instead of glamour trips to Pompey , Ipswich and Sunderland and derbies against Rovers, Argiggle and Swindon
the team will have to settle for trips to several one-horse towns in the Northwest.
Once again so near yet so far.

Seems after that away defeat to Hartlepool our balloon was pricked and we haven"t impressed much at all except for the odd game . Meanwhile the young players were playing their hearts out against Ipswich, Portsmouth et al;

City remind me of Arsenal : occasionally play good football, sometimes play with a soft belly and sometimes seem disinterested. Difficult to explain why. Consistently inconsistent, especially for a team in the top 3. Never feel confident that City will win : there's always a sting in the tail.

We mustn't rush the youngsters but on the other hand we mustn't hold them back..
Hopefully Collins, Sparkes and Randall can be regulars with one or two other youngsters getting decent game time

Our attack is impotent : somehow we have to sign someone who can score regularly and not miss golden opportunities

We also need a real leader who will give his all and expect the same from.his team - mates. Jake is a great bloke but too nice .

Matt signed several big units but we still are not strong. He shouldn't confuse big size with big personality. Not enough winning mentality and far from street - wise
I know it's not easy due to financial constraints, but with many clubs offloading we need to sign a spine of the team if at all possible.

If I was manager Sweeney, Moxey, Jake, Fisher or Bowman, Holmes and Ajose should be invited to leave, although I guess nobody would want Ajose, even if we played half his wages. Not good for team moral having (allegedly) one of our top earners sitting on his arse for years Why is he on the bench but never on the field? Either he's fit or not!

We have to be hard. We can't keep players who are past it or who don't /can't contribute.

Banksy

Should just pay up Ajoses contract and get rid of the useless sack of sh*t. Either that or give him statutory sick pay. Had enough of players taking the money and taking the p*ss.
Agree. Wouldn’t it be lovely if Ollie got a decent bid.Another four million in the pot and we could do the above and start again.I still wouldn’t trust Taylor to pick another forward though.