• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town : L2 : 7.45pm : MDT

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT says tonight that with Sam out and Podge not able to play 95 minutes then 'we need Ben, *at least until January*' Sounds like MT is in the market for a striker.
What about a double loan from our "friends" at Newport - bring back the Fish to feed Podge ?

Memphis09

Well it was nice to be among the high flyers for a while. Will we spread our wings again? Fingers and toes crossed but I'm begining to really wonder about this strength in depth I've been told we have.
Agreed we looked a lot weaker tonight

simcity

Thought we were really poor tonight. Didn’t even try playing until the second half.

Caprice had his worst game of the season for me, pretty sure he just ran the ball out of play for a throw 3 or 4 times.

Collins was woeful for the first half and playing alongside Kite doesn’t help him at all as they’re both similar players. Would almost rather have Nige in there with a bit of height and bite about him.

Defensively we look poor, we give away so many chances but that happens when we play a 4 or 5 back there so maybe we just aren’t very good.

And all these long balls…please stop or at least put them in a channel rather than straight at the tallest opposition CB!

If we play like that again for the rest of the month we’re in for a long winter…

Memphis09

Can't agree about Taylor. Thought he affected the game positively from the bench. Unfortunately, I can't disagree with your assessment of Ben's contribution – not sure he touched the ball and certainly didn't make any meaningful contribution. Personally, I'd rather see Sonny Cox given a go.
Totally agree

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never a free kick
The lino, who was closer than the ref, didn't signal for anything – until, that is, the ref blew for a free kick, at which point he waved his flag furiously.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The lino, who was closer than the ref, didn't signal for anything – until, that is, the ref blew for a free kick, at which point he waved his flag furiously.
Thought it was the other way round. Lino gave it but the ref didn't. It wasn't a shot anyway

arthur

Still a striker short and the left hand side is inconsistent at best.
We had 4 central midfielders and then everyone got very excited when we signed a fifth. I said at the time that we didn't have a decent left back and we still don't. What's even more galling is that the fifth midfielder has turned out to be mediocre....

hardi2b

Yes you can that was never a free kick in the first place
If anything we should of had one for the tackle before
There number was a cheat from start to finish
He kicked Kite of the ball which was not picked by the useless officials we had tonight
So pleased you were able to get that tirade off your chest Memphis, feel better now? Note that I did suggest it was a questionable call...just saying like!

Memphis09

Think Matt got it completely wrong tonight when we were on top
Key was getting around the back crossed for the goal so he takes Ray off puts in at right back
Should of left him at wing back Kite off Taylor in the middle pudge off coley up front his pace against there centre backs who were struggling in the wind would of caused problems
Yes we missed a good chance at the end think he should of gone with his left foot
And please please tell me why oh why is Seymour anywhere near the club and utter complete waste of space my grandson is better than him at 18 months old get rid and let’s get someone in on loan in January who can play football
The officials tonight were an absolute disgrace how he gave a foul on there cheating number 8 when before that I think it was Collins who got fouled is beyond belief
Never heard the Stagecoach stand is such uproar
Rant over
Looking forward to Saturday

PeteUSA

Thought it was the other way round. Lino gave it but the ref didn't. It wasn't a shot anyway
So the officials cost us the game then?